「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ」

Start from the beginning

The young man cleared his throat, feeling uncomfortable, not really loving all those looks on him. The other Eternals noticed Druig's discomfort and decided not to question anything else. Phastos went back to work and the others found something to stay busy with. After a few moments, Ikaris entered the room, wearing his combat outfit.

          - I'm close to figuring out- Phastos started to tell him before he shot his laser beam on the bracelets, causing them to explode.

          - Why ? What are you doing ? Kingo asked as they all got up.

          - I've let this go on long enough.

          - Don't hurt him ! Sersi exclaimed as she ran into the room, immediately helping Phastos getting up. He lied to us. He already knew about the emergence.

          - No, he didn't. Kingo denied.

          - Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon. Ikaris admitted as he looked at his friend.

          - What ?

          - You're not gonna let us stop the emergence. Phastos said.

          - No. I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants. The flying Eternal explained.

          - If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me ? Sersi asked him, tears in her eyes. What have you done ?

Druig concentrated on remaining as discreet as possible and infiltrated Ikaris' mind. He knew that if he went too far, Ikaris might feel it and risk attacking. So he just looked for the answer they wanted, and he found it quickly. Unfortunately, too quickly.

          - He killed her. He looked up at Ikaris who glared at the telepath.

          - I had to.

          - She loved you. Sersi whispered.

None of the Eternals expected this and each of them tried to process the news as best they could. Druig remained the one who kept a clear head, he had already cried too much for the loss of loved ones.

          - Did she ? Ikaris asked Sersi. 

          - She loved you... Sersi repeated.

          - Do you think it was easy to live with the truth ? To know that one day all this would end ? To keep on lying to you ? If we gave humanity the choice, how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born ?

          - We're not giving them a choice. Phastos said, tears running down his face. Is this why you're willing to kill ? You are so pathetic ! He exclaimed.

          - I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem. As do you.

          - Yeah, Nyx also existed because of Arishem. Druig said. And look where that got her ? It got her dead ! All because of Arishem. You really want to follow that mad Celestial ?

          - Nyx was just a pawn in Arishem's plan, I'm truly sorry you got so attached to her. Ikaris said, looking into Druig's eyes filled with rage.

          - Shut the fuck up ! He tried to walk to him but Kingo stopped him.

          - I wouldn't change a single thing about who I am. Phastos said. Born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family ! He approached Ikaris.