Chemical Warfare

Depuis le début

"But when she stood up after we landed she just collapsed. It happened so fast she didn't even say anything to us." Yelena adds

He looks you over before addressing the others, "You're sure she wasn't injured?"

Yelena nods as Kate speaks, "Positive. She would have told us if something happened, she knows how much these two worry if she doesn't get her wounds treated before coming home." she says gesturing at your girlfriends

He hooks you up to the heart monitor, it shows your heart has slowed as well as your breathing. He's about to take your temperature when suddenly your body convulses wildly on the bed, the machine you're hooked up to beeps loudly as your heart rate increases.

"Do something Banner!" Natasha shouts. Nothing like this has ever happened to you before and though she won't say it right now, she's scared.

Wanda grabs her hand as she watches your face, the expression you make makes her believe you're in pain which worries her even more, "What's happening to her?"

Just as quickly as it started your body goes still again, your heart rate starts dropping along with your breathing again. Bruce shakes his head, "I don't know what caused the fever, but the fever is most likely responsible for that seizure. We have to cool her down, I'll go get some ice and ice packs." he says before rushing off

He's back so fast that Wanda can't help but think of Pietro. He places ice packs on various places on your body, and sighs when he can already notice your body cooling off. He hooks up an IV to you, not wanting to risk you getting dehydrated.

"Can't you give her something for the fever?" Yelena asks

"Normally I would, but without knowing what caused it along with the lower heart rate and shallow breathing, I could do more harm than good." he states

"What can you do then?" Natasha asks

He thinks a moment before answering, "I can take a blood sample and run it through some tests, other than that we just have to keep her fever down so she doesn't have another seizure." They all nod at his words and watch as he carefully takes a few vials of your blood for testing.

He's been gone about ten minutes now and from where Kate sits in the corner of the room, she can't take anymore from her Russian friend. "Yelena please, watching you pace is making my neck hurt."

"No one said you had to watch me, you know." she grumbles. Kate knows the blond's worried about you, and she is too. The three of you had joined the team around the same time and had become best friends almost instantly.

The archer gets up and hugs the other girl, "I'm worried about her too." she whispers, causing Yelena to hide her face in the girls neck not wanting her tears to be seen by anyone as she tightly hugs back.

Back at your bedside Natashas hand is holding yours, her grip is so tight that one would think it was all that kept you here with them. Her eyes wander your body and face looking for any signs of an overlooked injury but all she finds is Wanda caressing your cheek as she hums your favorite Sokovian lullaby to you, tears make their way down her cheeks..

Several more minutes pass by and your eyes slowly flutter open, the room spins for a moment before everything comes into focus. "Why am I in the med bay?" you croak out

You can see relief on your girlfriends faces, "You passed out in the jet detka(baby), you were burning up with a high fever and you had a seizure." Wanda tells you, and you can only imagine how worried she and Natasha were.

"Do you know why you'd have a fever? Were you sick?" Nat asks you

Your brow furrows in confusion as you try to remember the flight home, but you can't even remember getting on the jet. "No, I-I felt fine. Nothing was wrong, and I didn't even get hurt on the mission."