Auditions

Carmen's POV

Carmen's POV

I arrived for auditions at the Moon Theater and see the line is like a mile long. Maybe I won't get in. Maybe I'm not good enough. No, I can do this. Just think of your parents I tell myself. I go over the lyrics for my song in my head. As I smooth my long purple skirt. I'm in my work clothes, but hopefully that won't matter.

Anyway we each are only doing a verse or two of our chosen songs. Because of how many of us there are. I decide to sing the first two verses of my chosen song, On My Own. Hoping I've made the right choose in song and which verse to sing.

We all go inside and we listen to the others audition. The first up with a male pig in a sparkly yellow jump suit. "Rah rah ah ah ah
Ro mah ro mah mah
Gaga oh la la
Want your bad romance" he sang as he danced. Next up was a trio of frogs.

"Jump, jump, jump
You might as well jump
You might as well jump (ooh)
jump" they sang. Next was a nervous male sheep with a big voice.

"Baby, if I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray" he sang. Then five female red pandas sang. They were so adorable. After them was another group, four turtles this time. After them was a buffalo doing a solo.

"Come my lady, come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar, baby
Come my lady, you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake, you make me go" he sang.

After him was a hippo on a piano. I had no idea what he was singing at all. Though he seemed really happy. Then three rabbits went onto the stage.

"Oh my gosh, look at her butt
Oh my gosh, look at her butt
Oh my gosh, look at her butt" they repeated. Is that even a song? They just repeated the same phase four times in a sing song voice.

Then two porcupines sang and the girl had an amazing voice. Though it sounded like an original song, as I'd never heard it before. They both were playing electric guitars.

After them was a llama with a classic guitar. She spent her whole time slot fiddling with her guitar strings. Getting it tuned. Honestly, why didn't she tune it last night or this morning before auditions? After her were a group of toucans and only one of them sung. Then a crocodile, followed by a beaver and joey. Then red backed spiders appear and I loved the song they did.

"Aserejé, ja de je de jebe tu de jebere sebiunouva
Majavi an a" they sang. I hummed along. Then a camel did opera followed by a snail. After them was a soulful singing giraffe called Daniel.

"Carmen Porter!" Mr Moon calls me forward. I take a deep breath and step onto the stage. I head over to the mike and start to sing. Forgetting everyone around me and thinking about my parents.