𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

•'¯'•. . .•'¯'•

THE rain wasn't something that was a big deal. Not to the sniper perched up on the roof. He had done this sort of thing a million times; through rain, snow, hail, the sniper never missed his target. He was good at this sort of job, and whether that was a good thing or not was a matter of opinion. Though perhaps the targets of his gun's gaze would have a rather strong option on that since they were the ones being shot down, whether it be a perfect deadly shot, or a bad one in the leg, but those were such old victims from Tartaglia's past that it wasn't the concern right now.

And if you asked him why he did this sort of thing, he'd say it was simply the thrill of his job that made things worth the while for him. The harder the mission he was assigned, the more satisfaction he got out if it in the end. Maybe that was why he did this sort of job. Out of the pure thrill he got from it. The excitment of whether he could make the shot, like a hunter hunting down its prey, and watch in the small moment as the life vanished from their eyes.

"Hey you idiot ! Are you freaking blind ?! What's taking you so long to take a stupid shot at him ?!" Buzzed through the sniper's earbud, making him wince and pull it out a bit.

"Now, don't be so impatient Scary Scaramouche. This sort of thing takes patient. I can't have a trigger finger when I'm working." He answered over the mic, turning down the volume in hopes he wouldn't be distracted from taking a shot.

That only made Scaramouche sigh loudly on the other side of the radio. Especially with how playfully passive aggressive the other was being towards him. It never helped that Scaramouche had a bit of a temper; Childe didn't have one, but him being so layed back only irritated the other even more. Sure, they were both highly skilled assassins, but both had their flaws: one being their inability to get along.

"Show some respect to your superior! Or I'm gonna make sure you never get a job again you useless-"

* BEEP *

Childe sighed himself, turning off the earpiece without hesitation. "I really can't focus like that, either.." And though he knew after this that Scaramouche would be upset over being hung up on, but Tartaglia would take his chances.

Anyway, he shifted back his attention through the scope of his gun.

The scope was directed towards a window of a tall and large building, aiming at the glass that behind were people enjoying a formal gathering on the twenty-second floor. And since the guests inside were distracted with music, drinks, and causal conversation. The music from the party was inaudible from where Childe was, but from the way people swayed, he assumed it was one of those classy tunes most would only enjoy if at a party like this.

Childe turned his earpiece back on. He was about to ask for an idea where the target was supposed to be, but Scaramouche opened his mouth first and shouted in his ear.

"Tartaglia! Did you hang up on me!?"

Childe winced again at the loud chatter in his ear. "Sorry, I think it was the connection. Do you know where the target is supposed to be?" He asked, trying to ask a little extra nicely, to which sort of worked because Scaramouche went silent for a moment before speaking again.