Baby?

(Twenty minutes later...Billie's personal security has found me outside. They escort me back towards the hospital.)

"C'mon guys, what's this about? I helped Billie, and now I'm leaving. That was the deal." (I argue.)

"True, but I got a call from Billie's father, who we happen to work for. To bring you back to the hospital. We're just following our orders; we don't ask questions." (Steve replies.)

(I'm escorted into the hospital and the elevator and then a darkened room. They open the door and give me a shove into the room. They lock the door behind me. I pound my fist on the door.)

"Damn it! This wasn't part of the deal!"

"David?"

(I turn around. Billie turns on a small flashlight.)

"Sit next to me, will you...please?"

(I sit on the floor next to her. I stare at Billie's face, as she sits next to me, nervously licking her lips. Finally, she speaks.)

"David?"

"David?"

"Yea?"

(She locks eyes with me.)"I love you."

"Thought you hated me?"

"Could you please just shut up for once, and realize that I'm trying to apologize? I love you."

"I love you too, Billie."

"Even though I fucked my brother?"

"I won't deny the fact that bothers me a lot...but if I didn't still have feelings for you, I wouldn't be here."

"I've loved you for so long...and I really hate myself for the shit I've put you thru. I've been scared...of what other people will say about us being together. I... pushed you and Claudia together...when I willingly fucked my brother. I've been angry, because I got raped and I felt so weak and powerless. I've hurt you and I know an I'm sorry doesn't even begin to repair the damage done...but yet...you let me take my anger out on you. I... gave you a black eye and bloodied your mouth. Why would you do that for me? Especially considering how I betrayed your trust in us."

"You were raped, Billie...and I couldn't share your emotional pain. No matter how many times you could try to explain to me how you felt. I could say I understood, but deep down I wouldn't...for the simple fact that it didn't happen to me. So, I figured the least I could do was try to share your physical pain. You got some good shots in."

"I'm sorry."

"For what? Something for you to post on the internet. Billie Eilish bitch slaps boyfriend. Pictures to follow." (I grin. She hangs her head and wipes her eyes.)

"Hey...what's with the tears, huh? I'll live."

"I'm pregnant."

"WHAT?"

"I'm pregnant. It's your baby."

(I stare at Billie's belly, then lock eyes with her.)

"Baby?"

"Yes...that is what being pregnant means, David."

"My baby?"

"You think it was one of the bastards who raped me, don't you? Thanks, a lot!"

"I won't deny that the thought crossed my mind...but you said the baby was mine. How do you know? I haven't taken any tests yet. Have you?"

"No... but damn it, David. What are you really saying? Thanks for letting me fuck you, but now that you're pregnant...goodbye?"

"No... that's not what I'm saying. I'm asking...what will you do if the baby isn't mine?"

"It has to be."