My Brothers |Avery|

Both Parents are at home, we live in a nice house on top of the East Sides most presidential estates, we go to one of the most prestigious school's in the states, and we've got money for days.... So why are my brother's in a gang?

'Their Just Bored." That's what I like to think. But if you ask them, they'll tell you it's a Power type of thing. Me, I'm very different from m brothers, I take school seriously and my hobbies outside of school don't result in jail time.

Actually, I'm a Dancer. Ballet preferably, but I like to think I'm good at most types of dance. River City Ballet has been a 2nd home to me for as long as I could remember, that place practically taught me to walk.

I remember when I started Ballet class there, It had only been because of one of my brother's 'Ryan' who had told me to. "Avery, Do Something you'd actually like." Ryan said, after my 5th failed attempt at soccer. Growing up I found myself always trying to be more rough and tough like my brothers because I was the only girl, and that was the only way I was going to get any attention.

So I played, hockey, soccer, basket ball, and every single on of those were a FAIL. Ryan was tired of beating up the boys on my teams for making me feel like a total loser, though most of the time they were right.

Dean, the Oldest of my brother's liked beating up my teammates unlike Ryan. So when I stopped playing sports and took up dance, I was the new "Punching Bag."

My brothers would never hit a girl, don't get me wrong: when they hit me it was more of the brother sister kind of fights, and those fights happened alot more often when I started dance. So I had to learn how to 'Fight Back.'

Kicking my brother's ass's became a daily thing, until we grew out of the fighting phase, and my younger and last of brothers was born. "Kayd" He's 4 now, and I see him more and more everyday becoming like Dean and Ryan. - Acting Tough, mean, and rowdy.. I never took it into much thought; the way he was acting like his older brothers, I thought it was adorable. He looked up to Dean and Ryan, but today.... today, I wouldn't want Kayd acting like them, I wouldn't want kayd to end up like...Like.. Ryan.

I heard my Mother's terrified scream from downstairs, I rushed out my room, at the same time Dean did. we gave each other scared looks as we practically hopped down the stairs and into the living room. My father held my Mother's crying head to his chest, a police officer stood in the doorway.

"Mom?" I asked. She cried into my fathers chest, not answering me. Kayd hopped down the steps, "What's wrong with mommy?" He asked, I gulped, fearing the worst case scenarios. I lent down, picking Kayd up and placing him on my hip. "Mom? . Dad? What's wrong? What happened?" Dean said, his face growing angry, I could tell he was getting pissed.

"Mam- I'm terribly sorry for your loss, We'll need you to come down to identify Ryan's body- we try to keep Gang violence at a min-" The Officer in the door started, before Dean punched the wall that had our family picture hanging on it, the picture in the large wooden frame fell to the ground, and I felt a lump growing in my throat.

"FUCK." Dean screamed, walking out the door, "Dean.. Get back in here.." My mother managed to yell at him.

Dean didn't even look back, he proceeded to his car, getting in and starting it up. I couldn't speak, I didn't wanna speak, Kayd was now the only one not crying, though he looked scared. "Mom-" I started, "T-take Kayd up stairs.. " She said, "But-" I stammered out, My mother sniffed,

"Just take Him, Avery." She yelled, and I turned, walking my little brother up the steps. I walked into Kayd's room, sitting him down on his bed, "Is mommy and Dean, Ok?" He asked. I pulled him into a hug, Crying quietly, as he pulled away. "What's wrong Avery?" He asked a little more scared. "I stood, going for his door, "Kayd, just stay in here.. Ok." I said, walking out. Kayd now held back a sniff, close to crying.

I walked into my room, wishing this was a dream, or maybe it was the wrong person.. Ryan coudn't be dead.He just couldnt....