Part 11: Brought Together

Start from the beginning

"Y-yes Madame Pomfrey," Crabbe said, swallowing and nervously eyeing y/n's wand. Y/N grinned, glad that both Crabbe and Goyle, the to biggest eleven year old boys she had ever seen, knew not to mess with her. 

Poppy then re-wrapped Crabbe's feet, showing y/n the spell she used to wrap and unwrap wounds without touching them. When the two moved to the next bed, y/n asked Poppy to let her try her skills on Goyle, who looked incredibly nervous. 

"Of course, my dear. I'll move on -- Oh don't look so nervous, boy! She's better than most first years and even second years I've met," Poppy scolded Goyle. Then she turned back to y/n. "I can go treat the Malfoy boy if you would like. You don't seem very happy with him at the moment."

"That would be great, thank you... Poppy." Poppy laughed at y/n's hesitation to say her name and went to stand at the end of Draco's bed. 

Y/N turned to Goyle, who was scowling at her, and grinned. "Don't look so frightened. I'm only changing your bandages. I won't do anything I don't have reason to. Just don't give me reason." She gave Goyle one more smug grin before flicking her wand to unwrap the bandages. "You heard Madame Pomfrey, I assume? Socks on twenty four seven for three days, not to be taken off other than to change them and bathe. No exceptions."  Goyle nodded quickly, y/n checking his wounds and re-wrapping them again. "Alright then, Poppy? Are they free to go?"

Madame Pomfrey peeked her head out from behind Draco's privacy screen. "Yes, they are. You can leave now too, if you would like. I'll help them. Go." Poppy gave y/n a loaded look as she gave her an escape, which y/n gratefully excepted, thanking Madame Pomfrey and fleeing the hospital wing. 

When y/n got to the great hall, she went and sat down with her friends, grateful for something to eat. 

"Are they okay?" Sarah whispered.

"Are they going to be in the hospital much longer?" Pansy asked anxiously. 

"Did Crabbe and Goyle act like toddlers?" Blaise asked, smiling.

Y/N laughed. "Yes, they're okay. Their burns were easily treated. No, they shouldn't be much longer. Madame Pomfrey is probably just finding them new shoes. And yes, Blaise. I had to cast a body-bind on Crabbe so he wouldn't throw a tantrum. Screamed like a newborn, he did. Goyle wouldn't make a noise though. At least, not while I had my wand out."

The whole group broke out laughing, as Blaise did a very dramatic, though not inaccurate, interpretation of Crabbe, making a few other Houses turn to see what was causing such a fuss. The group sat there having a laugh for about five minutes before someone interrupted them.

"What's so funny?" Draco sat down beside Blaise, joined by Crabbe and Goyle. 

Y/N stood up to sit by between Sarah and Kathrine on the outside of the group. She didn't want to talk to him. She didn't think that would change for a while.

"We were just having a laugh about how Crabbe screamed like a toddler while Madame Pomfrey treated him," Blaise said, making Pansy shriek with laughter while Daphne, Millicent, and Tracey threw faux tantrums. "You okay, little baby? Do you need us to fetch mummy?" Blaise said, using baby talk. The group broke into laughter. All except Crabbe, who was turning bright red, and y/n who was staring intently at her plate of food. 

For the rest of the day, the group acted as if nothing had happened. Draco especially tried to make it seem like some funny joke. After dinner, y/n went right to bed while the rest of the group went to sit in the common room.  She sat in bed for a good long while, thinking about the events of the day, and decided she needed her parents help. 

Over the next half hour or so, y/n wrote a letter explaining what had actually happened versus what everyone else thought had happened. She wrote how she wasn't speaking to Draco anymore and she didn't know what to do. As she wrote the last few words, a tear hit the paper, and only then did y/n realize the reason the world had gone blurry. As she put the letter snuggly into its envelope, y/n didn't stop the tears from coming. She let them fall freely. She couldn't suppress the sadness eating her insides.