"Putri Gandhari?" said Bhishma, trying to smile although at the amused look on Ira's face, he understood he hadn't succeeded in hiding his uneasiness.

Gandhari's face had a wry smile, "Kindly don't insult me anymore, Mahamahim. I am no daughter of yours. That good fortune is  best left to your favorite daughter Kunti."

Bhishma's face paled at the coldness in Gandhari's voice as he was reminded of the time when this daughter of Gandhar had fought him for her son, when he was just a few minutes old.

Kunti was shocked to see the ever graceful and kind eldest daughter-in-law of the Kurus being so cold to the father figure of the Kuru clan. She had never seen this side of her sister-in-law.

"What has happened to Jyesht Mata?" asked a bewildered Arjuna, "Why is she speaking with Pitamaha in such a manner?"

Gandhari turned towards him, "Don't call me your Jyesht Mata, Panduputra. No child deceives their mother. You and your brothers have already made it clear that I am nothing but a means to an end."

"When have we deceived you, Mata Gandhari?" asked Yuddhisthira, standing up with a surprised look on his face. Arjuna, meanwhile, had winced at the words of the woman whom he respected from childhood.

"Why don't you ask that question to your loving wife, Draupadi, Dharmaraja?" 

Draupadi's brow furrowed, "What have I done?"

"Taking Mata's blessings when I was supposed to," said Bhanumati, "Rings any bells, Samragyi?"

Draupadi gave an uncomfortable smile, while the Pandavas exchanged uneasy looks. They all knew what the matter was about. 

"It was my advice that they followed," said Krishna, his eyes not leaving Ira's, "I am the one who should be blamed, Maharani Gandhari."

Ira rolled her eyes at his divergence while she gently seated Gandhari on the seat Ashwathama vacated. She said, "Can we get back to the matter at hand?"

Bhishma cleared his throat awkwardly, "Yes, indeed," He glanced at the stone face of Gandhari before saying, "What did you want to say, Maharani Gandhari?"

"Duryodhana has three conditions in stopping the war," said Gandhari, "Are you agreeable to them, Mahamahim?"

"I cannot say yes without knowing what they are," said Bhishma. Gandhari gave a small saccharine smile, "Have you said the same thing to your grandsons, Mahamahim?"

"Duryodhana is my grandson too, Gandhari," said Bhishma, with a puzzled look, while Duryodhana snickered at his words, "You are well aware that the Pandavas won't ask for anything inappropriate."

"This is not a time for a joke, Mahamahim," said Gandhari, "Your actions have proven otherwise to your words from before the time of my children's birth. Nonetheless, I hope you realize that I would be speaking on my children's behalf. Duryodhana had nothing to do what I say. Will my words be alright for the great son of Ganga? Or shall I vow with blood? After all, you did kill my entire family just because I had once said no to marriage to your nephew. My word may not be enough for you. I am not Kunti, after all. I did not give divine children to this illustrious clan."

Bhishma had paled rapidly as words after words left Gandhari's mouth. Ashwathama was hiding a smile at the coarse words while Dhritarashtra did not even react to his wife's words. The King knew he would never be able to make up to his wife for the pain he or his family had caused. 

Ira chuckled, her voice rather warm to the cold words of Gandhari. She said, almost conspiratorially to Gandhari, "Maa, your sons just happened to be Mahadeva's boons. How can that be divine? Mahadeva's boons is nothing in front of Rajmata Kunti's five divine sons."