“Good, then come at me with everything you’ve got,” said Gia, smiling back at him as she got into her battle stance.

Garchomp growled in affirmative. “And the same to you Gia,” he said as he adopted a battle stance of his own.

She smiled at Gayle one more time before turning to her trainer, nodding, and putting her battle face on.

“Looks like these two are all ready to go now Ash!” shouted Cynthia.

“Yep, time for a rematch- student vs. master. Let’s make this a fight to remember Cynth,” said Ash with a smile and a wink.

Cynthia blushed for a second before shaking it off. ‘Focus on the match!’ she mentally scolded. “Who has the first move?” she asked.

“You’re the champ Cynth,” answered Ash.

Cynthia nodded, then called her first move. “Alright, let’s start things off with a bang. Garchomp, use Dragon Rage!” she screamed. Gia roared and let loose a blob of dragonic-blue fire at her opponent.

“Garchomp, reply in kind,” said Ash calmly.

Gayle fired a Dragon Rage of his own and the two attacks collided in midair before setting off an explosion cancelling each other out. Cynthia raised her eyebrow.

“Brick Break!” she cried. Gia rushed towards Gayle at blinding speeds, arm glowing white, but Ash was ready for it.

“Garchomp! Charge in, slide under, and use Dragon Claw!” he screamed. As Gia approached, Gayle charged at her too, but instead of meeting the attack, he slid on his knees and ducked under the blow, then quickly spun around as he got up and slashed at Gia with his Dragon Claw. The force of the impact added to the extra momentum of Gia’s speed sent her straight to the ground.

“Garchomp!” cried Cynthia, as Ash’s Garchomp jumped out of harm’s way, waiting for his opponent to stand back up. Sure enough, Gia rose back to her feet, a little winded, but even more fired up than before.

Cynthia could hardly believe it. ‘Just what kind of training has that  boy been doing these past few months?!’ she thought to herself in shock. ‘The last time he fought Garchomp he wasn’t able to land even a single blow! How did he improve so much, so fast?!’ Cynthia snapped out of her trance. ‘Focus on the battle!’

“Not bad Ash,” she said with a smile. “Dragon Pulse! Then charge in with Brick Break” she cried.

“Dig!” ordered Ash. Gayle dove into the Earth, letting the Dragon Pulse pass harmlessly over his head, and stopping Gia in her tracks.

“Garchomp, use Swords Dance. Then wait for him to emerge and use Stone Edge,” said Cynthia.

Ash smiled. “Draco Meteor!” he called.

“What?! Draco Meteor while underground?!” she screamed.

All of the sudden a ball of yellow-orange dragonic energy flew out of the hole and into the sky before bursting into beams of dragonic energy that raining down on Gia.

“Gaaarrrrrr!!!!” Gia cried, as the Draco Meteor collided with her, sending dust everywhere.

“Grrrr!!!” growled Cynthia, with her hands balled into fists and grinding her teeth, mentally cursing herself for underestimating Ash. ‘I forgot how unpredictable Ash can be. This is going to be harder than I thought.’

The smoke cleared. “Garchomp! Flamethrower into the hole!” Cynthia ordered.

Ash grinned again. “Bad move Cynth!” he shouted. “Garchomp, Dragon Pulse, then go behind her and use Brick Break.”