Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Hey! Everybody! That’s enough training for today! Gather round, I’ve got something to tell you all!” shouted Ash as all his pokemon stopped their battles.

Ash stood there watching as all his pokemon started making their way over. He was so proud of all his pokemon. They’d all gotten so much stronger from Cynthia’s tutelage, but their training together brought their strength and power to even greater heights. Not only that, but it also brought Ash and his pokemon closer than ever before. They were all one big family, they took care of each other, relied on each other, and helped each other grow stronger and stronger. Of course his pokemon weren’t the only ones that had been training, Ash often trained along with his pokemon doing various exercises, workouts, and occasionally sparring with them as well (although he never managed to win). He even learned to harness some of the aura inside him to the point where he could actually understand what his pokemon were saying thanks to his Lucario.

Six years of traveling the world, followed by all he’s done in the past year, has left its mark on his body. Gone was the scrawny little boy who left Pallet Town all those years ago. Now 17 years old, Ash Ketchum stood at six foot two, lean, fit, and muscular. His dark hair streaming down his back, Ash was beaming at his pokemon, his black eyes taking in the sight of all his wonderful pokemon.

Infernape and Sceptile were the first to arrive back at base camp. Sceptile immediately slumped down against a tree, while Infernape went over to Ash.

“Ash, I won,” said Infernape. “Now we’re even with 34 wins apiece.”

“Congrats Infernape, I knew you had it in you,” said Ash.

“Thanks Ash,” said Infernape.

“I’ll beat you next time,” Sceptile called out from his tree.

Donphan and Glalie were next to arrive. Followed by Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr. All three of the Johto starter pokemon managed to evolve into their final forms thanks to Cynthia’s help, and they’d only gotten stronger since. Torterra, and the newly evolved Floatzel made their way back to camp, with Torterra offering some pointers to Floatzel on how to control the new power he gained from evolving. Bulbasaur was running towards Ash as fast as he could, desperately trying to keep Heracross from sucking the pollen from the plant on his back. Staraptor, Noctowl, Swellow, and Gliscor were all having a race to see who could get to Ash first. In the end, Staraptor was the winner, and the proud, regal looking bird was rewarded with a standing ovation from Ash and the other pokemon as he took a bow. A young Eevee rushed over to Staraptor with his eyes shining full of admiration. Ash looked at Eevee and smiled. Out of all his pokemon, Eevee was the youngest, having just hatched a few weeks ago, and was easily impressed. He had gotten Eevee while it was still in its egg. The egg had been a present from Cynthia, the egg having come from her Glaceon. After being told by Ash (who Eevee refers to as “daddy”) about Cynthia and her mother Glaceon, Eevee has worked tirelessly to train herself so that when she finally meets her mommy, she can impress her by how strong her little baby has become.

Two more of Ash’s pokemon, Gardevoir and Lucario, were transporting a sleeping Snorlax over to the rest of the group; the giant pokemon was as lazy as ever. Ash caught Gardevoir as a Ralts when he and Cynthia had rescued her from some poachers. Ralts had decided to travel with Ash; it evolved into Kirlia thanks to Cynthia’s training, and recently evolved into Gardevoir just a few weeks ago. The Lucario came from another egg that Cynthia had given him, the mother this time being Cynthia’s Lucario. This egg had hatched fairly soon after Cynthia had given it to him, and after a long conversation with his mother, the little Riolu decided to become one of Ash’s pokemon. However, Riolu had evolved after Ash and Cynthia had parted ways, and so he was planning on surprising his mother the next time they met.