Author's Note

Hello, Estellas! Playing Cards of Heart (Saudade Series #2) is finally complete.

I hope you guys know and understand where the characters are coming from.

But, it doesn't mean your feelings are valid, your behavior is.

The Hacienda Flores Massacre... I know that some, or most of you, are familiar with what happened. It's just that I put it into a book and changed some details.

This was based on real life happenings — Societal injustices, capitalism, and poverty. While on the other hand was sexual harrasment, and mental health issue.

I really enjoyed writing Arianne and Chester's story. All the changes I wanted for my first story, TTLAD, I applied it to my second story. Their love for each other was not that fast-paced, and so as the timeline.

The time gave their feelings for each other to grow. It was slow... but they knew who they'd fall for.

I don't have to spoonfeed to you all the lessons one by one. My characters' thoughts, their stances in life, their character development, and the whole story itself, speak more than my words in this note.

I hope you guys won't invalidate Chester's feelings. He's just a victim, too. Both of them.

To those people who had the same experience as Arianne, I am with you. Your existence really matters to me. It was not your fault, and would never be. You are the victim.

Hindi lahat ay may kakayahang magsumbong. Hindi lahat ay kayang magpakulong. At hindi lahat, ay nakukuha ang sapat na hustisya, dahil mas pipiliin na lang nilang ibaon sa lupa ang mga nangyari, kaysa buksan pa ulit ang nakaraan.

I love you!

Until the last card, love.

- Eli

See you on Saudade Series #3!