''I wanted to see if you're alrigh- greatly injured since we have the war soon.'' 

Y/n narrowed her eyes at the man who was wearing no armour and no weapons on him.

''Why do you care.'' 

''I..Listen can I come up and we can talk-''

The girl smirked and rested her arms on the windowsill comfortably then leaned her head on her hand and tilted her head slightly at him.

''No, I enjoy this. I won't have to see that stupid smiley mask in the light.'' 

Dream scoffed and shook his head, he looked up at the girl and grinned mischievously.

''Ouch..you're a brutal person.'' 

Y/n shrugged and started to play with a blade, she looked down at Dream with a confident smirk while he looked up at her with interest.

''Romeo oh Romeo..where for thou art Romeo..'' Y/n started to say sarcastically with a soft tone.

Dream raised his eyebrows at the girl who was smiling softly.

''You just quoted Romeo and Juliet, you can't be serious.'' 

''Of course, who do you take me for? I write poetry whenever I can.'' 

Y/n grabbed a soft brown notebook and threw it to Dream, the masked man caught it and opened it to see light yellow coloured pages with delicate handwriting.

Dream read through the poems with a shocked face, Y/n watched him with pride and looked at him closely to notice his hood was half down.

She could see his fluffy dirty blonde hair placed around messily, it wasn't like Wilbur's hair to which she was familiar with.

''These are..amazing.. why didn't you become a poet?'' 

Y/n shrugged and sighed. ''My parents would never of supported it, after my sister left for the seas they classified her as a 'failed' child. So while they still had me they wanted me to be 'perfect'.'

''So..that's why you married so young..'' 

''Yep..yet again they didn't approve once they met Wilbur and noticed how he was 'scruffy and doesn't have a future'. Which is incredibly stupid..''

Dream read through the rest of the poems and grabbed one of the papers with a poem he preferred, and folded it up and slid it into his pocket.

''Can I come up yet?''

''Absoloutely not. We're enemies, remember?''

Dream groaned and rolled his eyes. ''Come on Y/n, not anymore!'' 

''Y/n, where did you put my whiskey!'' 

The girl groaned and turned around and yelled back at her uncle. ''It's under the cabinet in the kitchen!''

Once she heard the smash of a beer bottle, she knew he found it so she turned back around to see Dream sitting on the windowsill. 

Y/n gasped and stared at the man who was playing with the blade that she just had, he placed the notebook back down onto her bed and stared at her bedsheets when he seen them covered in blood.

He then looked at her and noticed her cane and entirely bandaged left leg, he stopped playing with the blade and his jaw ticked.

''Don't act like you care, your best friend did this.'' Y/n said roughly, changing her mood as she seen him acting pitiful.

''I knew he hated you but didn't think he hated you that much..'' 

''Yeah well, obviously he does.'' Y/n against the wall beside the windowsill.