[Chapter 33] White dress.

Începe de la început

I tap his chest so he lets me go.

"What was that?" I whisper so only us can hear.

"Nothing."

"Hm." When I look around everyone is looking at us. Including Lia and Nick. Their eyes are raised. I clear my throat and back away from Noah.

"Okay, uhm I'm gonna just change." I turn to go back inside the stall but squeal when Noah slaps my ass.

"Would you stop?" I close the stall door and shake my head with a smile. I quickly change back into my leggings and Noah's hoodie. I grab the dress and leave the room.

"What are you doing?" Noah follows behind me.

"I'm paying."

"You're getting the dress?" I laugh at his excited tone.

"Yes. I am." He doesn't say anything but I swear I hear a quiet squeal behind me.

"$79.99 please." I try to give her my card but Noah shoves his in her hand first. I glare at him but he acts like he doesn't see it.

I thank him when we all four leave the store. "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you bought the dress."

"It was more for me than you." I roll my eyes and take a hold of his hand.

"I know."
__________________________

"Another strike!" I high five Noah as he comes to sit back down. Us four decided to go bowling after shopping to get Lia's mind off of her dinner with Nick's parents in a few hours.

"We win!" Noah crosses his arms smiles smugly.

"Again." I point out. Lia rolls her eyes and stands up.

"You guys are horrible." I smile and high five Noah.

"Lia will you enter the names for the next round?" She nods but before she can put the names in someone clears their throat. Our heads turn to the sound of the voice.

"Can I join?"

Amber.

I turn my head to look at Lia, she sends me a pleading look. "Please don't be mad at me." I sigh and turn back to Amber.

"We don't have an extra person so you have to be on your own." She smiles at me before looking at Lia.

She puts in the names and the round starts. "You're up." Noah squeezes my knee before I stand up and grab my ball. I roll it down the isle and get a strike.

"That's my girl!" I turn around.

"We're totally winning this again." I walk over and Noah pulls me into his lap and leaned forward to kiss my collar bone .

"Fuck yeah." The only thing that's missing is Trent. Because the tension between me and Amber is definitely here.

_____________________________

"Hey babe, I'm gonna go to the bathroom then we can get out of here." I nod.

"Okay, I'll wait here." Noah kisses my forehead before walking off to the bathroom. Lia and Nick just left leaving only me and Amber. We both stand in an awkward silence for a couple seconds before she speaks.

"Can we talk?" I look up from the floor and at Amber.

"Yeah." It's been over a month, I guess we should figure this out. I follow her and sit down at a random empty table.

"I'm sorry." Are the first words that come out of her mouth. "I was selfish, I know. I'm really sorry and I really mean that, Carter." I don't answer I just stare at the table.