Prologue

"Do you support Mr. Ferror's decision to strengthen our business?" I didn't respond to Mr. Ortiz's question because I didn't want to see someone who had been in the meeting with me for nearly a decade.

I mean, bakit pa siya magpapakita sa akin sa halos makasalanan na ginawa niya? If he is done, I am not. Ganoon lang 'yun, hindi naman ako masyado affect the events between the two of us then.

"Ms. Ortiz?" I turned to face my father when he called and gave him an emotionless look.

"Can we use his decision to further strengthen our business? Since he lacks any tools, I believe his opinion is lower. In order to grow the business, we as CEOs must work on the requirements and adhere to them, rather than merely making worthless decisions." I glanced at Kenzie, who was now glaring at me. I love it, magalit ka pa.

The throng turned to watch someone lift a hand.

"In my opinion, Mr. Ferrer's choice was superior. It can lead to a boom in business. Because of the incident, even other architects and engineers are having difficulties, and people's trust in them is eroding." He said, and the others nodded. Feeling defeated, I closed my eyes and leaned back against the swivel chair. This isn't a debate, I just want to beat Kenzie. I have no idea why he even applied to work for our company.

"Girl, bakit sasabog ka na sa inis?" Natatawang tanong ni Venetiana kaya inirapan ko siya habang nagbubukas ng mga beer.

"That guy has disgusted me! Why is daddy always shielded by his business associates? Why not me? I think some people are correct, so why is he still selected?" Inis kong tanong sa kanya.

"Siguro may point ka naman pero pointless." She said to me why I had pulled her hair, and she was still pained artistically.

I was so annoyed that I rolled my eyes at her before downing a beer, and the only reason I asked Venetiana was because Eric was at the meeting site after hours. May pinapagawa pa nga siya na blueprint kay Venetiana mamaya eh.

"Is it hard to be an architect?" I asked and leaned back on the couch while looking at Venetiana who was just playing with the glass of tequila.

"Mahirap kung hindi mo gusto, pero itong arki na 'to matagal ko nang gusto. Depende sa mga tao 'yan. Pero alam ko na kapag gusto mo pangarap mo ay mapapadali sa 'yo." She winked at me so I winced and looked away.

When I spotted Kenzie's old college friend, I got up. He widened his eyes and reached out to shake my hand.

"Kumusta na?" Tanong niya.

"Okay lang."  I'm not sure if Kenzie's presence there with his college girlfriend was a joke up until this point. The things he did to me back then still hurt me.

"Sino tinitingnan mo Miss Ortiz? May hinahanap ka ba? Gusto mo reto na lang kita?" Ngumisi siya sa akin pero tumanggi ako.

That Kenzie is my first love is fine with me. My entire attention was on him after I fell in love with him, and the only thing I don't understand is why he treated me this way.

I watched Kenzie as he approached his friend, but all of a sudden, his gaze was fixed on me, and he kept moving closer without expressing any emotion.

"Move to the side if you're in the middle, miss." I was wide-eyed and incoherent, unable to comprehend what had happened when he told me indifferently and simply walked by.

Minahal niya ba talaga ako?

O minahal niya lang ako dahil sa forced marriage namin?

O para sa parents namin?

As if he just played with my feelings.

-