There's just no trust anymore

Start from the beginning

Before she could tell him to stuff it he'd already taken the large heavy bag walked to the front door and held it open for them. "After you."

Her look of suspension didn't go away as she walked past him, it only increased. He was up to something, she just knew it. Sam's face told her he didn't trust the god either, but he wasn't actually doing anything so he moved past him. "I see what you meant. Anyway, where do I put Steve and Bucky's stuff?" He asked gesturing at the two large bags slung over his shoulder.

Halting in her tracks on her way over to the couch Ronnie slowly turned around to look at her friend with wide eyes. "What do you mean Steve's stuff?" Her eyes narrowed as they moved over to the man himself as he stepped through the front door. "What's this about your stuff needing to go somewhere? Why would it need to go anywhere since you won't be staying here?"

"Because I am staying with you guys until we can get this figured out." Shaking her head she went to tell him no when he spoke over her. "This isn't up for debate. I'm staying. Please direct me to which room is left for me to use."

Glaring at him she jerked her bag from Loki, ignored Steve and went upstairs slamming the door to her temporary bedroom as hard as she could before locking it. The nerve of that man! He knew she couldn't just leave with everyone looking for her and Bucky and he was going to take advantage of that fact. Fuming she paced the length of the room several times until she couldn't stand to be inside for one more damn minute.

Carefully taking off the beautiful gown Loki'd given her she tore through her bag until she found an Office themed t-shirt, some jean shorts and a pair of Chucks. Getting dressed Ronnie grabbed her chest piece and tapped it as she walked over to the windows that faced the lake.

As she opened it a knock sounded on the door. "Ronnie, I know you aren't happy I'm here, but I don't want you and Buck to go through this alone. Can you open the door so we can talk?"

If Steven Rogers thought she'd willingly fall for his sympathetic 'I'm just trying to be your friend, but I'm really going to try to make my case about why I was a lying asshole for two years' he was in for a rude awakening. His muffled voice came through the door sounding a little exasperated. "Come on Ronnie, you can't stay mad at me forever. We need to talk about this like adults." Really?!

"Fuck you, Rogers!" Sitting on the edge she jumped off and flew herself safely down to the ground as he called out to her again. Tapping the chest piece again to fold away her suit she stormed off towards the lake and away from Steve, Bucky and Loki. She just needed five minutes away from anyone with testosterone who was trying to get into her pants.

+++

Steve's POV

Sighing he quietly watched Ronnie storm off up the stairs with a swish of her green skirts. A few seconds later they all heard the extremely loud slamming of her door. Hanging his head for a moment Steve's heart dropped to his stomach. He'd known she wasn't going to be very thrilled about this arrangement, but Tony and Fury had agreed with him that with Loki here Ronnie and Thor would need the backup. Not to mention he didn't want Loki going after his sister. Sam had initially volunteered to stay, but he'd backed down at Steve's hard stare. Instead he volunteered to fly the quinjet back to the Compound after dropping him off.

"Hmm I dare say I received a much warmer welcome in comparison." Loki laughed as he walked back outside with a large smirk on his annoying face. "Good luck winning back her affection, Captain."

"Ignore my brother. He's, well he's Loki." Thor shrugs apologetically coming out of the kitchen from dropping off the last of the groceries. "There is only one room left, it's to the right of the stairs at the end of the hall." He tells him glancing up at the ceiling in the opposite direction of where Steve assumed Ronnie's bedroom was.