2: Flashes everywhere

I wake up with a smile on my face. I go to the kitchen to make some waffles for Izzy and I since I was in a happy mood.

I hear footsteps walking down the hallway of my aprtment and Izzy's voice.

"Jeez. Are those waffles I smell? Someone sure is happy."

"Yeah" ,I reply as my smile got even bigger.

~~

It seems as if 7 o'clock cannot come soon enough. I have been waiting for what seems like forever. 

At the moment, Izzy is curling my hair while I do my makeup. For my makeup, I just put on some under eye concealer, mascara, light grey eyeshadow with a hint of silver, and a little eyeliner for a somewhat subtle look. 

After my hair and makeup is finally done, I put my dress on and some silver high heels. I find a small handbag that just fits my phone and some cash.

Izzy and I go sit on couch and wait. It is 6:55 right now. While waiting, we joke around and imagine scenarios of what could happen tonight. 

We jump at the sound of a knock on the door. We look at each other before I get up and answer the door.

As Zayn sees me, I see a sparkle in his eye and his jaw drops a little.

"You look.. amazing" ,is all he could muster out. The next thing I know I am smiling and blushing.

"As do you! This is my best friend Isabelle. Izzy for short." I point to Izzy.

Zayn introduces himself and they chat for a minute. We say bye to Izzy and we leave. He leads me to his car and he opens up the passenger car door for me.

~~

In the car, Zayn turned the radio up. The song playing is Working for the Weekend by Loverboy. We both started singing along. 

We arrive at the restaurant after a 10 minute car ride. Once inside, we were led to our table by the hostess. Zayn pulled out my chair for me. 

I looked throught the menu and decided on a fettuccini afredo with some champagne. Zayn ordered some type of exotic dish and some champagne.

"So, Hanna, what's your favorite thing about life?"

"I like experiencing new things and I love traveling, but not much anymore."

"May I ask why you don't anymore?"

"Well. umm. it's a long story. I'll give you the very short version. Only my best friend and my close family know about this. I tell very very few people. But, I uh- I got into a plane crash about a year ago. I haven't been on a plane since." I explain.

"Oh. I'm sorry for bringing it up. I should'nt have as-" 

"It's okay. Honestly. It feels kind of good to let it out." I cut him off.

"Okay. I'm still sorry though."

The food came. We raised our glasses to make a toast.

"To new beginnings." I say as I raise my glass.

"To new beginnings." He repeats.

We ate and talked about everything under the sun that we could think of. 

~~

We pulled up to my house after a marvelous dinner. Zayn opened the car door for me and led me to my front door.

"Would you like to do this again sometime?"

"Absolutely" I smiled.

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back. I felt passion in this kiss. This is the moment that I know that I really like Zayn a lot. I hope this is a start of a great relationship.