Chapter 12: Dance For Me, Holly

Начните с самого начала

Wrong answer.

Before he could run away, I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him to the gate. His head banged at the metals, rattling security and making the skin in his head break. Red rivers of fluid rushed out of the open wound and he screamed. I pulled him closer, slamming him again at the metal railings.

"Let's see now, I know you know where he has gone and I know you know who I am," I hissed as he whimpered, clutching the metal gates tightly. "I can destroy you just as easily here and now but I need answers because I'm going to find my wife in the wretched streets of this city. Now tell me-" my fingers dug into the skin of his neck, making him bleed at my hands. "-where is Juan Carlo?"

It didn't take long before the man sputtered out where he is. I just gave him a tight lipped smile and released the poor man who scampered away. Wiping blood off my hand, I hailed another taxi and said the address he said. Leaning back on the dirty, old leather seat, my mind began wandering. Now, this address...I'm sure I know this address, it's just in the edge of my mind, teetering in the ledge.

Goosebumps erupted in my arms.

Whatever is in that address, it gave me bad memories.

Pushing it aside, I waited for the taxi to travel to the area and was surprised when it stopped on a club where giant spot lights circled the area. I slowly whistled to myself as I exited the cab and stared at the throng of people entering and exiting the area; some still stood in the line, waiting for vacancies. The black exterior of the club almost made it invisible through the night but the neon lights flashing from the swinging double doors was a dead give away. A Jamaican man which is larger than Gustav stood menacingly in the entrance of the club, forbidding anyone who would force themselves inside.

I just walked towards him, not bothering in lining up. "I need to see Juan Carlo," I said but the man just looked down at me before looking away. Feeling pissed, I made sure to use compel.

"Let me in, now." The man's eyes widened and dilated before he stepped aside. "Oh and jump in front of the next truck or bus."

I walked past him and heard people screaming as I closed the door behind me before a loud sound of glass shattering and bone crunching could be heard. The music drowned out the piercing screams and the bass made the walls shake. Bodies after bodies are gyrating on the dance floor as tourists and locals alike are scattered on the area. The smell of lycan and vampire was faint but still obvious under the body odor and perfumes; spotting a bar, I walked towards it and eyed the male bartender who was busy wiping glasses and serving humans.

"I am looking for Juan Carlo," I said through the music. The man stopped his hands and glanced up at me.

"Vampire?"

I nodded in reply.

"A friend of seniore Bartolini?"

No. "Yes," I said smiling acidly. "Vampire lord of...er...Los Angeles."

You killed the vampire lord of Los Angeles, Calvin, remember?

Yes, I suck at lying when I'm pissed at my wife.

I was glad he didn't ask for anything more as he directed me to a black door with two lycans standing guard. I didn't give him a second glance as I walked towards it and through the lycans as I pushed the door open. Seriously, why don't they know who I am?

Your face is famous at the rebellion but not in those unassociated with them.

At some point, it was a relief, but I can't claim the benefits of my position. A cool air conditioning blasted at my face as the door closed shut and I cam face to face with a lonely corridor with only two to three people around, cleaning or drunk. I sighed and walked through the plush carpet, perking my ears for any blond lycan.