Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"You look wonderful, Red!" He complimented her, his bright grey eyes transfixed on her face. He gently took the camera out of her hands and turned to her dorm mates, "Let me take a photo of you all! A moment like this is one to remember."

They all smiled and gathered together, hands around each others waists, smiles so big they were almost blinding. 

Heidi Macavoy and Maxine O'Flaherty came down into the common room, Maxine was in a stunning backless dark purple dress and Heidi had gone with dress robes similar to Cedric's but her dress shirt was a pastel blue, they both looked incredible!

Alastriona ran up and hugged them both then turned to Cedric, "We should get one with the quidditch team!" Darcy grabbed the camera from her.

The whole team gathered around, Heidi, Maxine, Cedric, Alastriona, Herbert and  Anthony, Zachary Smith wasn't around but no one complained about that.

They smiled all at once and everyone laughed as Cedric picked Alastriona up to make her as tall as everyone else was. 

After that they decided it was time to leave, Alastriona breathed in deeply and just before she went she turned to Cedric and grinned, she noticed his bow tie was slightly askew and reached up, fixing it. Darcy snapped a picture of the moment and Cedric laughed as Alastriona stuck her tongue out at the camera, scrunching her face up.

Darcy set the camera down and grabbed Alastriona's hand, they walked side by side to the entrance of the Great Hall. 

It was incredibly packed, everyone was waiting for when the doors would open at eight o'clock

It was incredibly packed, everyone was waiting for when the doors would open at eight o'clock. Alastriona, despite her small heals, couldn't see over the heads of anyone and waited patiently by Darcy's side. 

A warm hand came down on Alastriona's shoulder, it was Cedric, "I've just spotted Cho, I'll see you in there, Red." He said.

"Good luck, Ced!" She hugged him quickly before he left. 

"Merlin's beard." Darcy whispered under her breath, Alastriona's eyes went to where her best friend was staring and saw Lee Jordan, "He looks bloody fantastic." Darcy mumbled under her breath. Darcy turned and grinned at Alastriona before backing away, "See you soon, Little Red." She called before turning and moving past everyone to get to Lee, when she got there she reached up and pulled Lee in for a kiss. She was saying something to him, most likely how good he looked. 

Alastriona turned around and her eyes searched for her friends and her date but she still couldn't see anyone.
When she turned around she groaned and rolled her eyes as she came face to face with Pansy Parkinson, she was wearing a really lovely pale pink dress with long sleeves but it did nothing for the scowl that was fixed on her face. 

"Draco finally ditch you, did he? Left you standing here all alone... with no one to—" She stumbled over her words as her eyes flickered above Alastriona's head.