二十四

Earlier this day,

Sayaka knocked slowly in Yaga's office before turning the door open. Taking a peak through the door crack to see if he was in.

"Do you have a minute?" She asks, pursing her lips into a thin line.

Yaga, who had his arms crossed, nodded his head. It was rare not to see him poking needles through creepily cute dolls that he owns. 

As Sayaka slowly entered his office, her last words were caught before she fully closes the door behind her.

"About Hamamatsu"

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"It's just one year!" Sayaka reasons, walking side by side with Nanami. "Besides, I'll return just in time for our graduation" she then did an overtake, standing in front of Nanami.

"I'll still visit you here. So you have no reasons to feel lonely!"

The corners of Nanami's lips curled in a small smile before he engulfed her into a hug.

"Thank you, Okami-kun" Nanami said

Though it was her first time hugging him, a wave of comfort washed over her. Her eyes started to brim with tears again from last night's events, but Sayaka was determined to blink away the tears that threatened to fall down from her eyes.

Gulping what felt like a lump in her throat, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back tightly.

"Thank you, Nanami-kun. I'll see you in a few months."

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

It definitely wasn't supposed to be like this.

Last night, as Sayaka ran out of his apartment, he wanted to get up from the single seat couch, but was restrained by the woman, sitting in his lap. Having enough of her, he shoved her away rather harshly before walking out the door.

But she was no longer in sight.

How did it end up like this? Well, Gojo was certain of one thing - he fell for Sayaka. After a year of feeling the tingles in his body, he finally came to the conclusion that he has liked her and still continues to for so long.

As he arrived at Jujutsu High, he was half expecting to see her with either Nanami or Shoko within the campus, but it seemed like no matter how many minutes has passed him by, she wasn't in sight.

Gojo stopped and sat on the concrete stairs. Was she on a mission? Maybe she has a day off and went back to her hometown? Gojo was in the middle of thinking his thoughts out when a voice spoke behind him.

"She left already."

Head turning around, it was Shoko who stood on top of the staircase. Step by step, she went down the stairs until she sat beside him, crossing her legs and heaving out a sigh, greyish smoke coming out of her lips.

"Oh. On a mission?"

Shoko shook her head.

"To Kyoto?"

Shoko shook her head again once more.

"Then where is she?"

Shoko sighed before shaking her head. "She won't continue studying here in Tokyo. Yaga relocated her somewhere else to get proper training." She said, lifting her head up slightly to look at the gray skies.

"She left earlier today."

"Where did she go?"

Shoko purses her lips, shrugging her shoulders playfully. "That I do not know" then clasped her hands together. "She was kind of in a hurry earlier today. Said she didn't wanted to bump into a certain someone." Shoko then averted her eyes to him when Gojo fell silent.

"Don't tell me that certain someone is you"

Gojo still continued to be silent

Shoko chuckled softly, resting her elbow on top of her lap so she could rest her cheek on top of her hand. "So, what did you do this time?"

A little hesitant, Gojo spoke up. "I...I blew her off again" 

Shoko swayed her legs a little, puckering her lips as she stared at the ground. "And?" she asks, prolonging the letter A. "I know Sayaka. She wouldn't be in a hurry to leave if you didn't do something."

"I was in bed with someone else when she came to surprise me."

Shoko scrunched up her nose, nodding her head slowly. "You know, on behalf of her, she really likes you." Gojo's ears perked up upon hearing her words, turning his head to look at Shoko. "Though she doesn't say it, she really does. You should have seen how she looked when Sayaka was preparing for your birthday last year!" Shoko giggled at the memory.

"How could you blow her off the second time?" Shoko asks, swinging her feet. "Sayaka is really sweet. Though she likes you, she just thinks she's not good for you because she's a cursed spirit." Shoko pauses before looking darkly at Gojo.

"Don't ever mention any of these to her when you see her. I'm actually not supposed to tell."

It was now Gojo's turn to chuckle, raising his hand up and down. "Your secret is safe with me, Ieri!"

Shoko scowled. "It better be! I will not hesitate to skin you alive, Satoru!"

Gojo frowned cutely and made a little 'hmp' sound. "You're becoming like Utahime. Getting guys like that is not good."

"As if I would like a toad like you!"

And then, the snow started to fall from the sky. Neither Shoko or Gojo spoke up, just watching the white flurries fall and stick to the ground.

There was a lot of things that Gojo wanted to tell Sayaka, but he couldn't as he didn't know where in the whole of Japan she is as of the moment. Would he really be able to see her after a year? What if something happens to her while he wasn't around?

Gojo started to believe that he is the strongest because he is Satoru Gojo. But out of the name, he can't even keep the girl he likes, to stay.

And then, it hit him - love is the most twisted curse of all.

And the rest is history.