Fire Flavored Raptors

Start from the beginning

Hunter shoulder charged into the side of Cherrys stomach, jabbing it with his elbow to deal a heaver blow, he was hoping he could prove that he wasn't worth hunting.

Cherry whimpered and struggled to get back on its feet, it's claws and legs looked like it was running on air. Hunter took in some deep breaths, as he finally got a moment to relax.

But Cherry had fooled him.

Cherry had swirled up, using its tail to take Hunters legs out like a sledgehammer would do to a wall. "Don't you dare try pouncing—AND YOU DID IT!"

Hunter kept the Deinonychus's snout away from his face, it repeatedly snapped its jaws at him, some of its salvia had been shot onto his cheek.

"If you wanted a breath mint...you could've just asked nicely!" Hunter struggled to keep himself from becoming a headline on a news article.

As calm as he was, he seemed to have dealt with this before. That is because he has...too many times he has been in this situation. He is so used to it, that if he were to lose a limb, he would still joke and say "Tis but a scratch!"

Hunter tried kicking the carnivore off him, but it put its full weight down. It quickly adapted to him and now Hunter has to deal with that, until a new challenger appeared.

The Metriacanthosaurus had rammed its head into Cherrys side and roared, it nearly crushed Hunters stomach like a grape but he had rolled out of the way just in time.

Hunter soon noticed the fresh cuts and slashes on the medium sized carnivore, most likely from the other Deinonychuses. Did it drive them off or kill them? Hunter doesn't care because he's getting out of there.

Hunter was about to swing his backpack to his chest but before he could get one of his arms through one of the straps, the Metriacanthosaurus had bit down on his backpack and tossed him roughly 22-26 feet.

Hunter groaned and sighed, "I am hurt...I am very much hurt."

Hunter realized the medium sized carnivore was running towards him, so he jumped up to his feet sprinted towards a tree. The Metria was tailing him, Hunter smirked as he swung his backpack onto his chest and pulled out some rope.

"This thing isn't even close to the power of an Allosaurus...it's still a lot stronger than me, but I can manage," Hunters faced contorted into a mixture of confusion and bewilderment.

"Am I talking to myself out loud again?"

"Alright, yes I am."

Before Hunter got close to the tree, he tied two knots in the rope, making a double sided lasso. He quickly glanced behind, making sure the Metria was still right behind and that there was a palm tree close by, and to his luck there was.

"Oh, I've been waiting to try this..."

Hunter bolted it towards the tree ahead of him, before he could run into it, he jumped up and used the base of the tree to flip himself behind the Medium sized carnivore, as he was jumping, he had looped one of the lassos around the upper jaw of the Metriacanthosaurus.

Hunter landed on his feet and spun the other half of the lasso around and then threw it towards the palm tree. It was as though Luck was being generous today, the lasso had looped itself around the top of the palm tree.

The top of the palm tree was bending by the power of the struggling Metriacanthosaurus. Hunter laughed in excitement and then clamped his hands onto the rope, keeping his distance from the Metria as it thrashed around.

It's tail nearly vibe checked his stomach, but he bounced himself up with the rope, putting more stress on the rope and the palm tree.

Hunter looked over at the Metria and realized it's jaws were shut, so it couldn't cut the rope in half. If he wanted the full power of this plan, he needed the Metriacanthosaurus to cut the rope itself and to get a little further away from the palm tree.

"Screw it."

Hunter let go of the rope and bolted towards the medium sized carnivore, he kicked one of the cuts on its leg to annoy it. That definitely got its attention, the Metria chased him for a couple of seconds before the rope had been given too much stress and stiffened.

The Metria open it's jaws to roar, this was his moment. Hunter dove for the rope that wouldn't be cut by the teeth of the Metriacanthosaurus. The roar pierced his ears, his hands clamped down onto the rope just as its jaws had slammed shut.

The rope snapped and had pulled Hunter with it, the palm tree swung away from Hunter, launching him above the jungle.

"HOLY SHIIIIIIIIII—"

Hunter was flipped the other way as he flailed about in the air, he looked below him and realized that the softest surface he could land on, was another tree.

Hunter clenched up and accepts what will potentially happen to him.

He lands into another tree, hitting very few branches and then landing on a big branch with his feet. Hunter started laughing hysterically and let out a "phew" when he realized he wasn't dead.

"That Ravens luck back at it again." Hunter chuckled.

"It can either save you...or kill you."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N: I feel like a burning pile of wombat crap.

I woke up sick Saturday morning, my throat feels as if it was stuffed and I had popped my
left wrist AND my left shoulder on Friday. I tried to write this chapter on Saturday but I just could not think straight.

I'm sorry this won't be a double upload, I can't do it in the state I'm currently in.

I hope you've had a better two weeks than me, have a wonderful and beautiful week. 

God, I have to go to school feeling like crap...

Next Chapter: A Ravenslation