░▒▓█ Ⓔ █▓▒░

"What's a commercial?" Keefe asked.

"A human thing, but you didn't hear it from me," Keefe saluted her as she pulled sunglasses out of nowhere.

These two...Sophie facepalmed, although she was smiling.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Weird occurrences were happening around the Elvin school.

First, a prodigy named Elion spotted a symbol painted by the Healing Center. The said symbol consisted of two lines with another line cutting through the middle between them. This pattern repeated itself once more. Everyone just dismissed it as graffiti (though Magnate Leto frowned upon the idea), or assumed it was a game a student was playing. 

Second, the school's speakers were cut off mid-announcement by a series of tapping and clicks. To the students, they were nothing more than random sounds, and to the people who were smart enough to write them down only saw a series of dashes and dots:

- .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / -.-. --- -- .. -. --.

Once again, it was dismissed, this time it being a technical difficulty. 

The third time, however, it was directed at Sophie's locker. A note with handwriting scrawled across the smooth paper. I read: 

᥇ꫀᥴꪖꪊડꫀ ⅈ ᥴꪮꪊꪶᦔ ꪀꪮ𝕥 ⅈડડꪊꫀ ᠻꪮ𝕣 ᭙ꪖ𝕣ꪀⅈꪀᧁ,ⅈ𝕥 ᦔⅈᦔ 𝕜ⅈꪀᦔꪶꪗ ⅈડડꪊꫀ ᠻꪮ𝕣 ꪑꫀ.ᦔꪮꫀડ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᭙ꪖ𝕣ꪀⅈꪀᧁ ꪑꪖ𝕜ꫀ ꪗꪮꪊ ડꫝⅈꪜꫀ𝕣?ᦔꪮꫀડ ⅈ𝕥?

ᦔꪮꪀ'𝕥 ᥇ꫀꪶⅈꫀꪜꫀ 𝕥ꫝꪖ𝕥 ᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀડ ꪖ𝕣ꫀ ρꪶꪖꪗᠻꪊꪶ?ᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀડ ꪖ𝕣ꫀ ડꫀ𝕣ⅈꪮꪊડ ᥇ꫀꪗꪮꪀᦔ ᥇ꫀꪶⅈꫀᠻ.ᦔꪮ᭙ꪀ, ᦔꪮ᭙ꪀ, ᦔꪮ᭙ꪀ ⅈꪀ𝕥ꪮ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᦔꪖ𝕣𝕜ꪀꫀડડ ꪮᠻ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀડ,ᧁꫀꪀ𝕥ꪶꪗ 𝕥ꫝꫀꪗ ᧁꪮ - 𝕥ꫝꫀ ꫝꪖ𝕣ᦔ, 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᧁ𝕣ꪖꪜꫀ, 𝕥ꫝꫀ ⅈꪀ𝕥ꫀꪶꪶꫀᥴ𝕥ꪊꪖꪶ

.𝕥ꫝꫀ ρ𝕣ꫀᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ⅈડ ꪀꪮ𝕥 ᠻꪮꪮꪶⅈડꫝ!𝕥ꫝꫀ ρ𝕣ꫀᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ⅈડ ꫀ᥊ᥴꫀρ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀꪖꪶꪶꪗ ડꪖᧁꪖᥴⅈꪮꪊડ.ᦔꪮꫀડ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ρ𝕣ꫀᥴꪖꪊ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ꪑꪖ𝕜ꫀ ꪗꪮꪊ ડꫝⅈꪜꫀ𝕣?ᦔꪮꫀડ ⅈ𝕥?

ⅈ ડꪖ᭙ 𝕥ꫝꫀ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᠻꪖ𝕥 ꪖ𝕥𝕥ꫀꪀ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ꪮᠻ ꪑꪗ ᧁꫀꪀꫀ𝕣ꪖ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ᦔꫀડ𝕥𝕣ꪮꪗꫀᦔ,ꫝꪮ᭙ ⅈ ꪑꪮꪊ𝕣ꪀꫀᦔ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ꪜⅈᧁⅈꪶꪖꪀᥴꫀ.

ꪀꫀꪜꫀ𝕣 ᠻꪮ𝕣ᧁꫀ𝕥 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᥴꫝꪖ𝕣ꪗ ꪖꪀᦔ ᭙ꪖ𝕣ꪗ ꪜⅈᧁⅈꪶꪖꪀᥴꫀ.

The note sent shivers down Sophie's spine, and the blonde froze when she saw what was below the chilling note:

- .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / -.-. --- -- .. -. --.

The same dashes were recorded by her fellow prodigies during the announcement. Sophie looked over to see Keefe and Kylin playing rock, paper, scissors, shoot. (Kylin was winning...by a lot). They looked happy, she couldn't ruin that.

I don't need to tell them, she thought to herself, already dismissing the recent events, They don't need to know.

Maybe if she did, they could have connected the dots. Maybe things wouldn't have turned out as they did. It could have all been prevented, maybe, if she just told the Black Swan.

But she didn't.

That was her first mistake.

Her second? Trusting the untrustworthy.