Chapter 17

~IM SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT I HAD NO TIME OR MOTIVATION TO WRITE AND IF I DIDNT POST ANY LONGER IM GONNA LOSE FOLLOWERS AND READERS PLUS ILL LOSE INTEREST SO HERE also next chapter is prob gonna be the last one ill post an update when i decide on whethr im doing a 2nd book or not pls comment on if u want another book pls thanks enjoy :)~

We stare at each other.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. They're gonna tell our parents. We're so dead. I look at Shy. Her face is ashen.

They stand up and walk over to us.

"Well, look who found herself a girlfriend!" Sunset smiles at us.

"Well...we...I...you see..."

"It's fine. I think your moms will be okay with it. Once they get over the initial shock, the denial, the anger and the acceptance stage, of course." Aunt Pie says in rapid fire speed.

Twilight elbows her and smiles at us.

"It'll be fine. Trust us. I think Rainbow will be thrilled, at least. Discord too. I-"

"Wait. Dad's coming?" Shy asks.

"Yeah. Didn't you know? All our families are having dinner together tonight."

Great. More people.

"Well, whatever it is, it's fine. We'll be okay. Hopefully no one freaks out." I hold Shy's hand. She doesn't pull away this time.

"You two are what?!"

2 pairs of eyes stare at us in a mix of emotions.

I clearly underestimated my parents.

"That's great!" Mom says, beaming. Mum gives her a look. "What? She's eighteen, AJ. She's practically an adult. She can get a girlfriend."

"Yes but she's only-"

"Only what? We were younger than them when we started dating."

"Yeah, and then Granny smith yelled at us and your parents kicked you out, remember?"

"But we're not them. I know Granny Smith meant well but don't be the strict one. She's old enough. And I don't think Shy and Discord are gonna kick her out." Mum still looks hesitant.

"Look Babe-"

"Oh, we're going by babe now are we?" Mum interrupts.

Mom's face falls a bit. Mum sighs, smiling at her. "Just kidding, love. Go on."

Mom's face brightens up considerably, before starting to talk again.

"Look at it this way; granny smith not totally accepting us at first and my parents kicking me out fucked us up, excuse my Spanish, right? So why should we follow in their footsteps? We should...we should make it a safe space for them. Not follow the ones before us."

I look at mum. She's definitely convinced. It was a good idea to tell both of them at the same time.

"Yes. Okay." I hug both of them.

"By the way, sugarcube, the phrase is excuse my french, not excuse my spanish."

"Eh. Same thing." She kissed mum on the head. The doorbell rings. They're here.

We interlock our hands. We think her parents will be okay with it, so we're doing it in front of everyone tonight.

Everyone is settled in and chatting. It's a lively, homely feeling. Shy is fidgeting in her seat. Her eyes are darting around and she looks like she wants to bolt out of here. I grab her hand. She flinches, before looking at me. I squeeze her hand in silent support. She calms down a bit, but we hold hands under the table until it's time.

She stands up and clears her throat. "Hey everyone. I need to tell you all something." She takes a deep breath and lets it out.

"I'm a lesbian. I've known since I was 13. And, I wanted to tell you all today because..." She looks at me, her eyes pleading for me. I stand up and walk over to her. We kiss in front of them all. When we stop, I look and scan them.

My parents look happy. Aunt Pie and Uncle Cheese are too. Cheese, who of course knew before this, sits there with a satisfied look. Sunset and Twilight look a bit surprised that we would...come out with our relationship in such a manner but they look happy for us. And finally, the people whose reactions I'm most afraid for.

Thank God, they look happy for us. Fluttershy has tears running down her face, as she smiles in Shy's direction. Discord's beaming.

We walk over to them and Shy hugs both of them.

"I love you two." She says, her voice cracking.

"We love you too." Her mom says.

They let go and look at me. Fluttershy hugs me. I'm caught by surprise at first, before becoming more comfortable with it.

"You two are adorable together. I'm sure you'll make each other very happy." Strong hint there.

I put my arm around my girlfriend. "I don't plan on it."

"Well, life doesn't often go by plan." Discord says, looking at his wife with a knowing glance.

"We'll make it work. Because we love each other. And that's enough." I look at her and smile. She smiles back.

The rest of the night goes well. Suddenly, mom stands up and clears her throat. Everyone's attention goes to her.

"AJ and I have something to announce." She offers a hand to mum. Mum accepts it and stands up. They turn to face the rest of us.

"We're getting married again."

"Yes!" "Congrats!" "Good for you two!" A chorus of cheers and shouts fill the room.

"Well, since everyone's announcing their good news now. We'll do it too. We're adopting!" Sunset says, raising her glass and dunking it all in one go. More cheers all around.

"We're gonna go to the centre next week and see the kids." Twilight adds, glancing at her wife. 

"Looking forward to it."