Rehearsal to the Wedding

Start from the beginning

On the way back to the house Vinny called me.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked, sounding a little horse.

"Not too bad. How are you feeling?"

"Eh, alright. I'm just waking up and it's 11:30. So there's that."

"Guessing you had a fun night."

"I did. From what I remember from talking to you, you sounded like you were having a good night."

"I was and we did have a lot of fun." I didn't want to tell Vinny that we actually went to male revue strip club. Then got back to the house and watched Magic Mike 1 and 2 to compare.

"So,"

"So," This was awkward, he remembered.

"About last night." Vinny began. I felt my heart racing. Mel was stopped at a stop light and looked over at me. 'Are you ok?' She mouthed to me. I shook my head yes.

"What about it?"

"Do you remember what you said?"

"Depends on if you thought it was a good thing or a bad thing." The light turned green and Mel took off down the road. My heart felt like it was in my throat.

"Carmen..."

"Fuck."

"You alright."

"Yup, sorry." I was so nervous I felt myself shaking.

Vinny took in a deep breath, "I know this will sound corny as shit and I'm trying to whisper because I am sure Kevin is standing outside my door right now." Vinny paused, "But I've really fallen for you too. I can't explain how you make me feel. Honestly I thought I would be more freaked out about it, but I'm not. Something about you Carmen Deluca, you challenge me, you know me, like really know me. It's like you see me for me. I've never felt this way before about any woman. I'm excited, I'm nervous, happy all rolled into one. Also whatever you need from me to help you get back out here you let me know. Will work something out."

"OH LOVER BOY!" I heard Kevin's voice yelling in the background.

I started laughing, "I see you have a new nickname."

Vinny chuckled, "Yeah, but uh let me go. We're going to get something to eat and then I don't know what else. I'll see you tonight."

"Vinny." I said into my phone.

"Yeah," He responded.

"Thank you. I was really nervous to talk to you today."

"So was I."

We both sighed at the same time.

"Alright Carmen I'll see you later."

"Bye Vinny." I waited for the double beep and brought my phone down away from my ear.

"SOOOOOOO???" Mel looke towards me.

"SOOOOO what?" I replied.

"What did he say?" Mel turned her head quickly towards me and back at the road.

"He's falling for me too."

"I KNEW IT! He brought it up! He wasn't freaked out?"

"Well I mean I'm sure he was a little nervous, but he must have really thought about it. Mel, he told me he has never felt this way about any woman."

"A lot of guys say that."

"Yeah but just in the way he said it. I know he means it." I smiled. Dr. Asshole and I are falling in love. This was something out of a hallmark film.