Prologue

"Steve, please..."  was unconscious.

My hands are sweaty and my feet are sweaty as well. I can still feel a little pain in my bleeding right leg and my forehead is bloody.

My heart is pounding hard as I hear some nurse say my name. I am not wearing my usual lab coat but I was so anxious to even leave the side of my Husband.

"Steve, please respond" I said calmly.

"Doctora Clent, you need immediate attention"

"Doctora, you're bleeding"

"We can handle this, Doc"

My tears are stuck in my eyes. I've been doing this for almost half minutes, I can't stop. I have to make sure that his heart will beat, once again.

"Step away from him, Angela" A baritone voice said.

"I-I can't just stop" I said and looked at the Doctor that stepped on the scene.

"Do as I say, we'll handle this" He said and I gave him a sigh before stepping away.

A resident doctor just replaced me and started giving Steve chest compressions. I was dragged by a nurse into another bed and I sat there.

I gave her a look because my head is beating and I was loosing my senses. I kept on malfunctioning for a little and my head is spinning for a little.

"Miss, are you okey?" The nurse asked me.

"I- I can—" I bit my lips as my eyes started to close and I felt my body sank into the mattress.

=×=

"She's fine" I heard my father's voice said.

There is a woman crying, I can hear them. "How will she accept this?" She paused to inhale, it was so loud.

"She's strong, she'll be fine" It was my father's voice again.

My eyelids are heavy but I managed to open my eyes a little. My eyesight is blurry, it was too bright.

There are several footsteps walking toward me. I can hear them.

"Dad, she opened her eyes"

"Angela, sweetheart, I'm here"

"Angela, this is Kuya"

"Can you open your eyes again?"