She looked at her with a frown. 'Like you really care,' she scoffed.

'Truth be told Rose, I don't care. But I'm not going to let some kid be hunted down by their psychopath father and learn to live in fear. It's not a good way to live. So, I say again— as long as you're in Titans Tower, help is available to you.'

Rose rolled her eyes. 

'Yeah, thanks,' she muttered before uncrossing her arms and leaving the bedroom. Eleanor hummed to herself. She really didn't like Rose one bit. She gave her a funny feeling.

Tuning into the radio to her left, Eleanor squinted as the man spoke at a million miles an hour, talking about the soon-approaching Christmas in July— It was still June. When a song interrupted the man, she couldn't help but chuckle to herself. Maggy May had been a song that she and her mother would dance to many years ago, much to the horror of her brother, he knew the true meaning of it, the song being about a prostitute.

Then ten minutes later, like clockwork, the door opened to reveal Dick carrying a plate full of food. She knew she wouldn't eat it, just like she hadn't eaten the fruit he brought in earlier for her.

'Hey. You hungry?' He asked and sat down on the end of the bed, holding the plate out to her like an offering. She looked up from her book and shook her head.

'No, thank you...' She said quietly with a small smile to show her appreciation. 'Any news on Deathstroke yet?'

Dick hummed and shook his head, taking a bite out of half of the sandwich. He wasn't going to let food go to waste. 

'Uh no. But that's what I came to talk to you about. I'm gonna head out and get some clues, see what's out there. He had to have left a trail and I'm gonna be the one to find it. I'll be back later,' he said quietly and stood up, placing the plate down on the nightstand.

'Alright well, be safe,' she murmured as he leaned down to place a soft kiss on her lips.

Dick turned around and froze as Eleanor looked down at her lap with her brows furrowed in confusion.

What was that? They hadn't ever been so casual about kissing one another before, it was always a moment that they would build up to— There was always tension involved, whether it was good or bad. This time it seemed like a natural reflex.

Dick looked over his shoulder at Eleanor, who was trying her hardest to suppress a smile and hide it with her book. He laughed to himself before he continued out of the room.

+

'What the fuck you listening to?' Jason jumped and looked at his doorway where Rose was poking her head in through the small crack. He stopped the door from opening further by putting his foot against it. 'Can I come in?'

'No,' he murmured and stepped away from the door.

'Wow,' she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

'What?'

'I know the look. He did a number on you,' Rose said as if it was obvious. She was the only one who found humour in all the trauma.

'You can leave now,' Jason said, but instead of leaving, she entered the room and shut the door.

'Really? You made it out alive from my dad. I thought you'd be...'

'What?'

'Tougher... You know, your friends act like you're some kind of fuckup, but you're the only one actually doing anything. The rest of them just argue with each other. You tried to stop my father. They didn't do shit.'