𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

Start from the beginning

"Are we going to make it?" Gregory asked. You looked from him to the double doors all the way across the room. He would definitely get there in time. But would you?

"Yeah, for sure," you nodded, wheeling behind him and hooking your hands under his arms. "Just don't move."

"What–"

But you were already darting across the floor at top speed with the little boy tucked under your arm.

You dodged the wet floor sign bots that watched curiously as you passed, nearly toppling one over in the process. It was like you had tunnel vision. All you saw was the entrance. Everything else was just an obstacle in your path.

When you eventually came to an abrupt stop in front of the doors, you were almost out of breath but otherwise just in time. There were three minutes left for you to grab all of your things and get the hell out of dodge.

"Is there someone waiting for you out there?" you gestured to the dark parking lot outside. "Your mom or dad?"

Gregory nodded enthusiastically. "Uh-huh."

"Awesome. Well, I'll see you later?"

He beamed. You didn't expect him to lunge at you with a hug around the legs and it nearly sent both of you to the floor.

"Thank you," he mumbled before pulling away and pushing open one of the closest doors. "Will you tell Freddy I said thanks too?"

"Of course! Bye Gregory."

You continued to wave until he disappeared around the side of the building. Once you were sure he was gone, you pressed down onto your earpiece and began making your way to the break room. "Mission accomplished, Freddy. Greg has left the building."

"Way to go, Little Helper! I knew you could do it."

You spun in tight circles on the floor, taking your sweet time moving toward the service door wedged between the ticket counter and the wall. In two minutes, you'd be out in the parking lot with this whole thing behind you. You could send Vanessa an email later to find out what she wanted from you.

You scanned your ID at the door and waited a moment before tugging on the handle.

It didn't budge.

"No no no," you whispered, scanning it again. It was an exact repeat of what happened in the dressing room. Your pass was null and void. "Shit."

A quiet bleep sounded behind you and you let out a short, surprised scream, instinctively kicking out at the foreign object that you couldn't see. The misfortunately placed wet floor bot began beeping frantically, its wheels rolling uselessly in the air as it tried in vain to flee.

"Shhh," you hissed, bending down to set it right-side up. "I'm so sorry."

It didn't pay your apologies any mind before scurrying off to join its friends in the corner. You watched it sputter away, suddenly felt silly for thinking it could have been something else sneaking up behind you. Vanessa's little speech in the tunnels was starting to go to your head.

You were about to radio Freddy for help when you heard the faint clunk of metal against carpet behind you.

"(YY/NNN)."

You spun around to see Chica emerging from the shadows. Her feet were dragging slowly across the floor and she had a noticeable limp. Freddy obviously wasn't the only one overdue for a visit to Parts and Service.

Sighing in relief, you began making your way over. "Chica, thank god. Do you think you can escort me to the security office? I need a new clearance card ASAP."