I don't even bother saying anything. I open my arms and wrap them around her, tightly. She collapses and begins to sob and cry into my arms.

"Shh...everything'll be okay. I promise...", I whisper, holding her tighter than ever.

{Later that night}

Nina's pov

"N-no! Please- mom!", I shout, jerking up right, opening my eyes.

I let out a breath, "It's just a dream...a bad dream- but...it's just a dream.", I talk to myself.

I let myself fall back down onto my bed. I stare straight at the ceiling as thoughts begin to circle my mind.

Flashback

"Mommy...wake up", I whisper.

She opens her eyes and looks over at me.

"What's the matter honey? It's late...", she whispers.

I yawn, "I had a nightmare...I'm scared."

"It's okay...come here", she says, picking me up.

She sets me in between her and daddy. I smile and get cozy between them.

"Go to sleep sweetie. Sweet dreams", she smiles, kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight mommy...I love you."

End of flashback

I sniffle and wipe my cheek as a stray tear falls down my face. I let out a breath and turn on my side, cuddling up with the covers. I shut my eyes just when I hear a faint knock on my door.

I sit up, "Come in..."

I watch as the door slowly opens, and Ricky pops his head into the room.

"Hey...", he whispers.

"Hey?", I quietly chuckle.

He walks into the room and shuts the door behind him. He walks up to the side of the bed and looks at me.

"Are you okay? I heard like- shouting and talking...", he asks.

I gulp, nodding my head, "Uh- y-yeah...just a uh a bad dream"

"You wanna talk about it?"

I shrug, "Same old same old. It's about my mom..."

He sadly smiles at me, "I'm sorry..."

The room goes into comfortable silence, and I look down at my lap. I entangle my fingers within my necklace.

I take a deep breath, "Uh- Ricky?"

"Mm?"

"C-can you...stay?", I hesitantly ask.

He nods, "Yeah, of course."

I sweetly smile at him as he makes his way to the other side of the bed. He lies down next to me, and I scoot myself closer to him.

"It's just...you seem to take my mind off of everything.", I sigh.

Butterflies swarm my stomach as I feel his arm wrap around my body. I bite my lip to try and prevent my smile from gushing out. I wrap my arm around his torso as I feel comfortable, calm, and safe.

"You should probably get some sleep. First day of school tomorrow."

I groan, "Don't remind me."

He chuckles, "Sorry...just get some rest. Goodnight ang- Neens"

I happily sigh as I cuddle close to him and take a deep breath before closing my eyes and fading into sleep.