"Mama Ray!" June's four children screamed in unison, jumping into an ecstatic Rayelle's arms, and Athena's heart ached as she watched her mate interacting with the little pups.

"Oh, my favorite pups in the whole world! Mama loves you so much." Rayelle chuckled as she wrapped the four little beans in her arms, kissing their heads, and June's chest puffed as she watched the scene happily.

June and Aria's official mating ceremony had taken place six months after Athena and Rayelle's wedding and June's wolf had howled with pride as they proclaimed their new Luna Queen to the whole nation. June couldn't keep her hands off of Aria, something her mate had no issue with, and it didn't take long before Aria was bearing the new generation of the Royal bloodline. June had thrown the biggest feast as she announced that they would be welcoming their pup in this world soon and Athena and Rayelle were with them the whole way. Now, seven years later, June and Aria were the proud parents of four pups.

Their oldest was a boy, Alfonzo, named after Aria's late father who passed away a month after the war ended. Two years after Alfonzo's birth, their second born came into this world, a beautiful girl named Lillian, named after the late Luna Queen who was worshipped amongst many of their people. Their third and fourth born were girls as well, named Freya and Juno. The pups were greatly attached to their Godmother and partner in crimes, Rayelle, while their other Godmother, Athena, was the one they went to for old stories or wonderous gifts. The two women spoiled the kids rotten with love and gifts and everything they ever desired and as much as Aria loved them to death for that, she wished they would let them face the outcomes of their actions every once in a while too.

A voice interrupted the lovely moment...

"And it is your very love that makes them reckon that they can do whatever they wish without any repercussions. Yesterday, they broke into a farm and set all the chickens free... Quite a sight it was to see a pack of wolves running around and trying to catch chickens while these devils laughed." Aria walked up to them, her sheer glamour only maturing with every immortal day, and Rayelle giggled at her words while June was already drooling at the sight of her mate; her wolf howling.

"Good job, little soldiers. Our next mission will be--" Rayelle ignored Aria's glare as she addressed the four pups and Athena covered her mouth before pulling her away from the little devils who were ready for a new challenge.

"Come now, little human. It is not wise to tangle with Luna Queen when she is schooling her children." Athena chastised her wife as she kissed her head and Rayelle pushed her away before glancing at the pups with longing eyes.

"I only wished for... Excuse me." Rayelle walked away from them quickly, her eyes tearing, and Athena's heart ached for her mate while Aria went after her; her pups in tow.

Athena sighed as June's hand rested on her shoulder...

"No news from the healers yet?" June inquired softly, her own heart aching, and Athena shook her head before lowering it in defeat; feeling useless and hopeless.

Unlike their best friends, Athena and Rayelle had not been able to conceive. It wasn't like they did not want to but their situation was entirely different and much more dangerous. Since Rayelle was a human and Athena the strongest vampire around, the Vampire Queen could never even dream of hurting her mate in any way. So, to ensure her mate's safety, she vowed to not impregnate her, much to her dismay, until she could know that the results would not be as harmful as she had heard or read in the history books. At first, Rayelle accepted her mate's decision because she could understand her fears but now, after all these years, she just wanted to feel her chest explode with motherly love for her children too.

Unfortunately, before the late Vampire King took over, the mating between a vampire and a human was considered taboo and resulted in the mated pair being executed without any mercy. So, there were only a few recorded cases regarding such mating. But none of them helped because Athena was not just another vampire, she was The Vampire, and she feared she could harm Rayelle if she proceeded with the impregnating ceremony like her wife had been begging her to do. The rite would require the mated pair to drink from one another while indulging in the intimate act of making love in their most natural forms, with Athena in her vampiric form, and Athena knew, for a fact, that her blood could kill Rayelle if she drank it in her human form because it was just too potent for her fragile human body.