Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"

Start from the beginning

"I... I need some air" I mumbled as I quickly excused myself out of the room.

When I was out of sight and hid on a balcony, overlooking the sea, I closed the door behind me. I leant on the stone railing and sighed before a few more tears fell on to my hands, trembling as my hands balled up into fists.

"I will never believe it...neither you, The Great One or anyone will change my mind".

Rina, I-

Suddenly I heard someone knocking at the door, I gasped and looked behind me to see Yozak with his usual smirk.
Usually I would smile back but I just couldn't and turned away, quickly wiping my remaining tears away.
I heard the door open as I looked down at my hands sadly, then I felt him standing next to me.
He was supposed to be getting the ship ready for us to journey to Big Shimaron, I guess it's time if he's here. The strawberry blonde didn't say anything but he didn't have to, I knew he was here to check on me after hearing what happened earlier.

"I'm fine, honestly. I just needed some air".

"Sure it was" he replied, in a sarcastic tone

I looked away from him, slightly annoyed, "I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm, Yozak".

"I'll stop being sarcastic if you start being honest with me".

I turned to looked at him, "what do you mean?".

"I know you've gotten very close to Conrart in the last few months", he replied seriously, "it wouldn't be a surprise that you're taking his death to heart".

"That's the thing Yozak, I don't believe he's dead", I insisted sadly, "and ever since his disappearance, all I have heard is everyone accepting that he died and that I should do the same".

I pulled my dagger from it's sheath and looked at it longingly as I brushed my fingers along the beautiful engraved hilt, "you have no idea how much it hurts how little faith everyone has in him".

"Why do you have so much faith that Conrart is still alive?" Yozak asked curiously.

I looked out towards the sea the morning breeze brushing through my hair, "because I love him".

Yozak looked at me in astonishment after I gave him my reasoning, I felt like my heart was lifted up with that breeze and after I said it out loud it gave me even more faith than I already had in Conrart, "and my wish is to be able to see him again so I can tell him how I feel".

There was silence between us for a little while before I felt awkward and I just grinned, still not looking at him as I tucked some of my hair behind my ear, "sounds a little cliché, doesn't it?".

"Not at all".

I looked over at him a little confused when I saw him smiling, "it's wonderful that you have that belief. Conrart's a lucky man".

I laughed shyly, "you think so?".

"Absolutely", he took my hand and gently patted it tenderly in my own,"I pray he is still alive for your sake, milady".

I smiled happily, "thank you, Yozak".

*****

It wasn't long after, we sailed to Big Shimaron for the Ultimate Tornament in hopes of retrieving the second box and bringing greatness in honor of Caloria. While on the journey, Yuri and Wolfram trained swordsmanship and had something to eat to keep us going then we sat and listened to Yozak's story and how he met Conrart as the weather changed from sunshine to snow.
While he told the story he looked to me a few times, probably checking to see if I wasn't too affected by his tale.
It was such a sad story but I think his sweet mother would have been happy at how he turned out and that he survived that horrible fate that fell upon them.
I flashed him a smile every time he did until suddenly our new found animal friend, Tezo, started charging at Yuri in a fright.