Chapter 3: So Close

Start from the beginning

I nodded to ease his concerns and we sat down to set up Peter's smart home system, it's the same smart home system he made in his apartment, it just wasn't given a name at the time because we were busy getting to know each-other, he plugged a flash drive into the wall as the speakers around the penthouse hummed in response. "Okay, I.R.I.S  can you hear me?" Peter asked as he plugged in a hard drive into the wall. "Loud and clear Peter" a female voice said, "What the heck? Is this another F.R.I.D.A.Y?" I asked, "Sort of, she's more of a smart-home system I've been working on for a few months, I.R.I.S stands for Intelligent Recognitive Iconolatry System, I'm not too good with acronyms" he said clearly embarrassed. I looked at him and smiled, "No worries, nobody can live up to Even Death, Im The Hero" I joked. Peter chuckled and ran over to the couch, "Ok, I gotta show you something else" Peter said, he showed me a news article, the title was about me, "Wanda Maximoff found a new home, unknown boy involved". It was posted just recently, "They're still skeptical about you, they just don't understand what you went through" Peter said, he sounded a little frustrated. I wiped away my tears, "I knew it, they are always afraid of what they don't know, and I'm the ultimate mystery" I said. Peter looked at me, "I'm a mystery too, besides you aren't alone anymore, you said it to me a lot since we met" he said as he put his hand on my shoulder. Our conversation was interrupted by an alarm coming from the extra room, "What the frick is that?" Peter asked as we rushed towards it, I was fearing the worst while Peter looked determined.

(Peter P.O.V)

Wanda and I rushed towards the room and we saw an alert symbol, the symbol was my mask and Wanda's crown but it was flashing red between the two symbols, I put on my Spider-man suit and Wanda stood beside me with her head down, it was Wong. "Spider-Man, is Wanda with you?" he asked. Wanda walked out shyly, "I need to speak with you, in private" Wong said in a stern voice, Wanda nodded to me and I left the room to go on patrol. I felt bad for her, but then I didn't want to be in the middle of a personal matter. I swung through the city, "HELLO NEW YORK!!" I yelled out to everyone as people cheered, as I swung looking for crime I couldn't help but think of what happened when Wanda tried to sacrifice herself, it must've been hard to hear or see that her boys are never coming back, I stopped when I saw a car thief breaking into a car. I decided to channel Peter-3 the entire time, I jumped into the car behind the thief, he didn't even hear me come in, THIS IS PERFECT!

When the car thief was about to start the car, "*Cough* Y'know if you're gonna steal cars, not a good idea to dress as a car thief dude" I said jokingly, "Aw c'mon" the thief said as he tried to get out, "You've got the mind of the true scholar sir, I would've went for the nerdy type of look" I joked as I pulled the car door shut. The thief started to climb out the window, but I soon jumped out and ended up behind him, as I got closer to him I yelled, "INCOMING CROTCH!". I took him to the ground and webbed him up, "WHOO! That was fun" I said, "Yeah for you asshole" the thief said, "Yeah whatever, YO BOYS IN BLUE, I GOT ONE OVER HERE!!" I yelled before webbing away. I was laughing the entire time I swung away, I soon saw another crime happening, a mugging. I swung in and saw that three men were about to do terrible things to a young girl, I decided to channel Peter-2 at that moment. I swept in and saved her from the men, beating them up in the process, I wall crawled over to her, "You okay ma'am?" I asked, "I'm fine, thanks Spider Man, but I'm worried if that happens again you won't see it" the woman said, "Hey, I just finished making a Spider-man app where you can report crimes and sightings, it released to the public about a week ago"I explained. The woman beamed as I swung away back to my apartment. I saw Wanda and heard screaming, she was crying her eyes out and sitting on the floor as everything was floating around her.

I took off my mask, made the windows dark and instantly ran to her, she looked at me with some of the saddest eyes I've ever seen, clearly she was distraught. "Wong offered to help me out, but he says my children are gone" she said sadly. I hugged her as she cried into my chest, she was beyond devastated, "I'm sorry Wanda, I bet they're being loved in another universe" I said stroking her hair, she calmed down but she still had tears in her eyes. She looked up at me, "I know, but still I failed them, they hate me, they think I'm a monster" she said walking over to the couch, I sat next to her and she leaned on my shoulder, "What's wrong with me?" she asked, "Nothing, this darkhold is the one that corrupted you, whoever made it is the real culprit. But hey, I often think about the good times I had with my Aunt and Uncle, honour the time you had with them, memories are forever" I advised, Wanda smiled at me and giggled, "You're too kind" she said, I smiled back at her and webbed up the remote, "How about we watch a little something to cheer you up" I said. Wanda nodded and watched as I put on Red Dwarf, "Red Dwarf is a British sitcom that takes place in the future, 3 million years from Earth, its why I put on an accent sometimes, it's funny. I gotta get changed, then we can get lunch at this place I saw" I said before running off. 

When I got to my room, I instantly picked up my cellphone and called a long distance friend I made over Minecraft. "Hello Peter, what do you need?" he asked, "Hey Harry, how's it going over in Jersey?" I asked, Harry is a good friend of mine, ever since I got paranoid of the name Osborn, I decided to talk to him because I needed friends, and he was just like me, alone ever since his mom died, he was 20 years old so a few years older than me. "Nothing changes but the weather, I heard that Scarlet Witch is in New York, you okay?" he asked, "I'm fine, and she's fine too" I said, "She? who's she?" Harry asked, "I.R.I.S my smart home system" I said quickly, Harry laughed "Okay, I gotta go, dad's calling me, Minecraft later?" he asked. "Sure, see ya there buddy" I said and we hung up. I got changed into my regular clothes and got back to the living room, Wanda was smiling at the tv but also looked at me with intrigue, "Friend of mine, his name's Harry" I said sitting next to her. She nodded, "Glad you're making new friends" she said, "Hey, maybe you can get the lover-bot back" I said, "Vision is gone, he got his memory back but he would hate me after what I did" she explained. 

I was flabbergasted, "No way, he was so nice when I met him in Germany, I'm sure he'll understand" I said, but suddenly the buzzer went off, "I got it" Wanda said. She answered and another voice came over, "Hey Peter, can you do a last minute baby-sitting job please, I have a business trip and Morgan needs a baby sitter" it was Mrs Stark. I was happy when Wanda buzzed her in. "Does she remember you?" Wanda asked, I shook my head, "Nope, but I got hired as the Stark's babysitter once after the spell hit, and Morgan and I bonded over Looney Tunes, Pepper trusts me with her, I didn't tell either of them about my prior connections" I said. Wanda ran to hide when Mrs Stark knocked on the door, I chuckled, "It's okay, she's understanding" I said as she came out of her hiding spot. I answered the door and Mrs Stark was standing there with Morgan in her arms, "Hi Peter, sorry to do this on such short notice, and who is that behind you?" she said looking at Wanda, "Oh that's my friend Wanda, we recently started living together, we made a pact to take care of each-other, and I know she's good with kids" I said and Wanda waved shyly. Morgan waved back and smiled, Pepper paid me 150 bucks and left, Morgan walked up to me after she said bye to her mom, "Hi Petey" she said and hugged my legs tightly.

I smiled, "Hi kiddo" I said, "Wow, you are good with kids" Wanda said, "I guess so" I said as I picked Morgan up, "I missed you Petey" Morgan said, "I missed you too, and this is Wanda Maximoff, my friend, she's a little shy so be gentle with her" she said. Morgan smiled at Wanda as she waved, "You remind me of Mommy" she said looking at her. I got choked up because of that and Wanda covered her mouth in surprise, since she lost her children, it must've felt like a huge weight was lifted off of her shoulders. I put Morgan down and she ran to the bag of toys Pepper gave to us, it was mostly stuffs of various Looney Tunes characters, especially her favourite, Tweety Bird. "Did you buy her all those Looney Tunes things?" Wanda asked, "Not all of them, Pepper and Happy helped" I said "One day, Morgan asked me 'Did you know my Daddy?' and I had to say I admired him from afar and met him a few times, Pepper introduced me to Morgan and we got on great, which is how I became her babysitter" I added, Wanda nodded in understanding, Morgan didn't remember me at all, I was glad to get to know her in another light.

Morgan brought over her Tweety Bird stuffy, it was the same size as her, and sat next to us on the couch, "Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny!" she said, I was surprised that she knew who he was and Wanda turned on the tv. Wanda was still sad over never getting her boys back. But she seemed a lot better because Morgan was there, and to be honest I'm kind of relieved that she isn't scared of Wanda, she's so innocent it's crazy. When we turned the TV on, I smiled as Morgan repeated Tweety's catchphrase "I tawt I taw puddly tat!" she said. Wanda and I smiled at each-other, we both knew that even though things don't go your way, things do get better eventually, and after all that's happened, this is way better than anything else I could've imagined.

(Chapter 3 is finished, hopefully this was worth the wait, and Morgan Stark was just too awesome to leave out, hope you all enjoyed)