Chapter 21. That's Not Fair

Start from the beginning

Lyric cleared his throat. "Luis was just offering me my job back, and I was accepting it."

Remi pursed her lips and looked back at her dad. 

"Also, I'm not going to make you move back to New York, but your mother is coming here to see you and your brother next week."

"Why did you call her, Dad?" Remi asked.

"I didn't call her, Remi. She called me. She wants to see you two," Lyric gestured to Ryan and Remi.

"When did you plan on telling us?" Ryan asked.

"I was planning to tell you tonight over dinner."

"What a way to ruin dinner," Ryan said and scoffed. "Why would I want to see her? I haven't seen that woman in. . .years. Why should I give her a second of my time? She left me."

"She's still your mother, Ryan," Lyric said sternly.

"No. No, she lost that label when she abandoned me."

"We agreed that I kept you, and she kept Remi," Lyric argued. 

"And because she hated you so much, she couldn't stand to look at me because I reminded her too much of you," Ryan spat. "Fuck that stupid bitch. Mothers don't leave their kids like that." Ryan turned and walked out the door, slamming it shut.

Remi shrugged. "I agree with him." She turned and pecked my cheek before walking out, leaving Lyric and me alone.

"I'm sorry that I came at such a bad time. Should I inform my father that you accepted my offer?" I asked. 

Lyric nodded. "Yes, tell him I'll be there tomorrow."

"Of course," I said and walked out of the study. Since it wasn't me that Remi was angry with, I decided to go upstairs and face her wrath—praying she would have mercy on me, at least. I knocked on her door because it was locked.

"Go away!" she called.

I smirked and knocked again.

"I said go away!"

I bit my lip to stop from laughing and knocked a third time.

Her heavy footfalls didn't match her size. Anytime Remi was angry, she stomped, especially when she was about to do something she didn't want to do—much like a child, but for some crazy reason, I thought it was cute when she did it. 

Remi threw the door open. "What—" she stopped and took me in. Apparently, she wasn't angry enough to not check me out. "Oh, hi," she breathed. She moved away from the door and let me in, closing the door behind me.

"Well, we fixed one problem and gained a new one," I said, trailing my fingers across her bed, which she surprisingly made. Remi never cleans unless she is mad. Sometimes, if I made her mad, she would start cleaning my bedroom. 

"Tell me about it," she huffed and stomped past me. She started grabbing clothes off her floor and throwing them into her laundry basket, which was empty in the corner of the room. It was impossible for her to put her clothes in a laundry basket, no matter how close she was to it.

"On the bright side, we can see your bedroom floor for the first time since you moved in," I said and snickered.

"Hilarious, Luis. If you came to make jokes, just go home," she muttered.

I snuck up behind her as she was straightening her dresser. "Come on, snickers," I murmured. "Don't be upset with me. I'm just trying to cheer you up," I said and pressed my lips to her neck. At first, I really wasn't trying to cheer her up—I loved getting a rise out of Remi. She was sexy as hell when she was angry.