Chapter 12: Dancing in your arms....

Start from the beginning

"She was about to kiss me, just a breath away and then pulled back. Not in the sexy teasing way like she usually does, but in a panicky way. Then mumbling something about homework, she ran out.", Sirius said petulantly hugging pillow to his chest.

"Why?", James asked confused.

"I have no fucking clue! It's like she is stopping herself! But why? It is very, very clear that I like her. Hell, at this point, I am almost craving her. She likes me too. I know that! What is stopping her?", Sirius said in frustration as he messed up his perfectly set hair. He sat against the backrest with a huff. Sirius usually set hair were almost resembling James's, if his hair were that long.

James smiled despite the frustration his brother was in. It was so odd to see Sirius so frustrated and disheveled. Well, disheveled because of frustration because of shagging he had lost the number of count, couple of year ago. He usually made it a point to be cool and poise in all situations. He never really thought Sirius would ever settle down. Sirius has always been so sure of his charisma and handsomeness, that it was almost poetic to see him toll after an equally, if not hotter, amazing girl. Figures, a girl like Harry would tame him without lifting a finger. He always thought that whoever Sirius settles for, would have to woo him forever before he agreed to even date her. Here the deal was absolute opposite. James knew Sirius was just a few days away from begging her on his knees.

He wondered if this is how he reacted when he was getting nowhere with Lily. No wonder his friends still teased him about it. He was going to tease Sirius for years to come. But later, right now, Sirius needed cheering up.

"Maybe she worried that it is too soon. She likes you, sure. But Sirius, she lost her ,by sounds of it, very serious girlfriend just five months ago. Maybe she thinks, she cheating on her or something.", Remus told him calmly.

James agreed with Moony. It was very plausible. Harry did seem like the loyal one. Maybe that's why she was resisting Sirius. He has seen their dance. It was ridiculously hot. It was like porn without any sex. Hell, he and Lily had one of the best nights because of how turned on they got after seeing their sizzling chemistry. Harry clearly liked him, so there has to be some major reason for her to hold back. Harry was an strong, independent girl who had more guts than all of them combined. If she wanted something, she would go for it. Right? What could possibly hold her back?

"Moony, she has slept with probably more people than I have in first three months, before I monopolized her time. How is being with me cheating then?", Sirius asked agitated.

"They were just for sex, Sirius. She knew there would no relation, no future, only fun. No attachments. Didn't she say she wasn't in place for any form of relationship? Maybe that is it. Everyone grieves differently. Her first hook up was with a red head. Her girlfriend used to be a red head. You are making her nervous because she feels something for you." Lily answered patiently.

Sirius looked at Lily in concentration for a while and nodded. James nodded as well. That's seems right. Maybe it was also that it was her best mate's sister. Hmm..

"Maybe you should get Ron's okay, first? He was brother of Harry's girlfriend. Maybe she is worried how he will take it. The three only have each other.", James added thoughtfully.

"I agree with all of you but there is fear in her eyes. As if she thinks, I would regret it later. I don't think these reason are it. There is something else.", Sirius said defeated with an exaggerated pout. James was about to offer something when he caught Moony's thoughtful expression.

"Moony?", James asked him. Sirius and Lily looked at Remus too.

"I started reading about child abuse after the Hogsmeade fight. I was worried that, maybe, that was why Harry was able to bear the pain.", Moony said softly. They all sat up in attention. Moony never said anything unless there was evidence to back it up.