CHAPTER 7

*HORN RABBIT*

The west forest is a distance of three hours on foot from the town of Nevada. I hoped we could ride a carriage if they passed through but unfortunately not one carriage passed by. Exactly three hours later, we arrived at the west forest

We advance towards the dense forest while carefully checking the surroundings. Each of us were startled when we suddenly hear the cry of birds and notice the presence of small animals shaking the trees inside the forest.. I was secretly scared at first, but before long, I became aware of a mysterious feeling.

It’s only vaguely but….I know there are signs of presence in our surroundings. Where, what kind of creature there is and what kind of emotion is being projected at us, I can feel them. I wonder what this feeling is. Sixth sense….or what else you would call it. This might be one of the presents that God gave me a sense.

The moment I was thinking about it, I feel killing intent from our right hand side. Clearly filled with hostility.

[Both of you, Be careful. There's something here]

Both of them halt immediately from my words. When I point to the depths of the forest with my gaze, they shift to a combat stance. While waiting for any sign of movement, a black shadow jumps out from the forest and attacks us.

[Tiekeee..e]

I twist my body in a hurry and evade it. Safe!. I’m able to see the movement. White hair with a horn extending from the forehead. Although it’s approximately the size of a large breed of a rabbit, it’s not the size of the rabbit that’s ferocious. So this is the horned rabbit.

When I confront the one rabbit that jumped out, I see a second one spring out from another direction aiming at Jack.

Jack rushes to face it from the front and drives a swords into the snout of the rabbit. It eats a sword attack, straight after it falls to the ground just like that and finally doesn’t move shortly after. Surely a one hit kill.

While I was admiring Jack' battle, aiming at Jack.

Jack rushes to face it from the front and drives a full body blow into the snout of the rabbit. It attack a sword, straight after it falls to the ground just like that and finally doesn’t move shortly after. Surely a one-hit kill.

While I was admiring Jack’s battle, aiming for this chance, the three rabbit in front of me bares its horn and rushes again.

I read the rabbit’s movement calmly, matching its movement. I also unsheathe the cortana on my waist. We cross each other in a flash. At that moment, the rabbit’s neck flies in the air and rolls vigorously on the ground.

Killing a creature for the first time, some feeling of guilt and disgust floats in my mind. However, while we were immersed in the battle, seven new rabbit appear in a group. Of the mentioned four, four of them move towards to my direction.

[I call may magic, FIRE MAGIC!!!]

At the same time of hearing that voice, Two of the rabbit that rushed in to attack me is suddenly devour in flames. It appears Jenna who retreated behind me supported with fire magic. Shoot! I missed the chance to see magic before my very eyes for the first time after coming to this world!

I slash at the last remaining rabbit while dodging its attacks. The rabbit falls down immediately and stops moving.

When I turn my gaze to Jack

[Finally it's finished. The task was subdue five, but we killed two more, right?]

While saying so, Jack put her swords in his waist, making ringing sounds. Seven in total because we took down two each. I think that was a good performance considering it was our first battle. Ah, or was the first timer only me?

Now then, as proof for the subjugation, it’s necessary for the rabbit’ horns to be brought back. I cut off the horns of the seven rabbit and put them in the magic pouch. After that, we just need to notify the guild for finishing the task and then it’s ‘Mission Complete’.

The tension I’ve been feeling since going into the forest is instantly lifted as we come out. It feels like being liberated from a suffocating place.

We are lucky on the way back because a carriage happens to pass by and give us a ride.

We travel to the town much earlier than walking. When we arrive, we step foot into the guild. I hand the completed task and the horns to the old sister at the reception desk. We decided to keep the last one in commemoration of today.

[Yes, I have certainly received the five horns rabbit. The please present your card I'm checking it.]

When we hold out the card, the receptionist pushes something like a stamp above it and a mark that looks like a magic formation floats on the card for an instant before disappearing immediately. Through the story I hear later, the stamp used seems to be different according to the rank of the request.

By the way, ours is grey for the beginner rank. The ranking is from blue purple yello white red silver gold.

[Well then, here is 21 copper coins for reward. With this. The task is complete. Thank you for your hardwork and come again]

We split the 21 copper coins at once when I receive them from the receptionist older sister. With this, I have four days worth of stay in the inn. I have a feeling that I’ll be able to somehow manage to live in this world.

[Hm..hm.. why don't we go somewhere to eat to our first success of mission and first adventure of William]

Jack suggests this when we leave the guild. It’s slightly still early for dinner, but we haven’t had lunch when I think about it. Perhaps this is a good time. I have a small favor to ask.

We decide to enter the tea shop in the town.

I order a hot sandwich and juice, Jack’s is a meat hot sandwich and apple juice. Jenna’s is cakes and tea. I begin to talk when the waiter leaves.

[Say, Can I have requested for both of you]

[Us?... A Request?!]

[Uhmm,Yes, I want you to teacher me to read and writing. After all, it really troublesome not being able to write or read the characters. It's going to be hard to get by from now on.]

[Ah. Surely, you won't know the content of the task]

Ohuhuhh, Jsck nods in agreement. Jenna nods the same way and at the same time too. Around here, there’s no doubt that they are twins.

[If that's case, the have Jenna teach you we never you need. This child had good a head and she is good at teaching]

[Th....Th...that not true..but if your fine with me to teach you in reading and writing William]

[It's fine with me also I'm the one who need a help, thank you. Jenna you saved me.]

Alright, with this, the prospect of being able to read and write is in sight. All that remains is to study afterwards. It’s a good thing I found a good teacher.

Oh right, Jenna if we have the opportunity,can you teach me a magic too, because I think I can use a magic and also I want to use a magic.

[Ok....Wait...EEh...?]

These two twins at the same time. What? Did I say something strange or something bad.