1.2

"What I am about to tell you is really important, so when you don't understand something, you can ask any time okay?" Hotch starts as he sits on his bed with Jack,

"Okay"

"Alright, so you know people in wheelchairs right? Like the kid in your class."

"I do"

"Well he has a disability which will most likely be a part of his whole life"

"He will never walk, he said"

"No he won't." Gently Hotch lets his thumb run over his hand, "And there are many many types of disabilities."

"Can they all not walk?"

"Some can walk"

"Oh"

"Some maybe can't move their hand, or not move at all and some you can't tell that they have one." Hotch expands. "And there is one disability that I am going to teach you about and it sounds scary at first but it's okay I promise you."

"Felix said his disability doesn't hurt him."

"They don't always have to hurt." Hotch agrees, "Well to come back to the disabilities that we can't always see-"

"How can you not see a disability?"

"That I am going to explain, okay?"

"Yes"

"So there is one, at it's called autism-"

"I know that one!" Jack exclaims, much to Hotch's surprise.

"You do?"

"Mommy read a book about a boy who has it with me." He exclaims and Hotch can feel his heart soften. Haley had been from the beginning supportive of him and Spencer and of course she would do something like that. "He hates loud noises and touch."

"That's right, well autism-"

"Comes in all forms, it's always different." Perplexed Hotch looks at his son.

"You know a lot"

"Mommy teaches me"

"Well then I am going to cut right to the point." Hotch announces, "I am sure you know also adults have that disability."

"I do"

"Well Spencer has it aswell which is why we three gotta talk about some important things to make him feel comfortable around us." Hotch exclaims and for a moment Jack is quiet before he starts crying and Spencer walks into the room, "I've got it."

"Can I?" Without waiting for permission Spencer sits down on the bed next to Aaron and takes the boy into his arms, "It's okay, it's scary first, I know"

"I don't want that" The boy whimpers, pressing himself against Spencer, "I don't want you to be sick-"

"Jack, don't say that." Aaron tries to interfere.

"No it's okay, I need you to take a really deep breath and then I will explain why this is a different kind of being sick and why it's not that bad." Soothing he rocks them back and forth on the soft mattress, Jack crying for a little bit longer before he lets Spencer wipe his tears away. "Why don't you take this?" Spencer reaches forward and grabs his own stuffed animal from under the blanket,

"What's his name?"

"His name is bear"

"Does he not have a name?"

"It's just Mr. Bear." Spencer tells him with a smile while Jack lets his hand run over the soft fabric, "Mr. Bear is specialist in cuddles." Hesitant the kid hugs the bear in his arms and leans back against Spencer's chest, "And Mr. Bear was also with me when I found out that I am autistic."