↬chapter 2↫

Before we start, Rusty uses he/they pronouns and that's reflected in my writing. Also, this story with revolve around religious themes for one of the villains. This doesn't mean the religion is bad by any means at all. :).

Mild TW for death, swearing and kinda descriptive imagery involved with the death:)

"Vindicated, I am selfish, I am wrong, I am right, I swear I'm right" 

Being awoken by my disgruntled brother was not only a common occurrence, but also wildly unwelcomed by me.

He stood over me, and despite being shorter than me, he seemed to loom, brows furrowed and hands on his hips.

"Get up"

I glared at him, nestled in my thick comforter.

Instead of debating him, I turned around in the bed, effectively crumpling up the chemistry notes that still laid on my bed from the night before.

He made an attempt to yank my arm, which I quickly dodged by swatting him rapidly.

"I'm not gonna say it again, get up-!"

He groaned, finally catching hold, grasping onto my arms and yanking me to the previous side of the bed I was on.

"Fitz."

I warned, looking at him dead in the eye with a glare.

He didn't falter, hand ​still grasped around my forearm with a glare equal to the power of my own.

"You forgot my fucking sour patch kids"

I deadpanned.

"Are you fucking kidding me Fitzgerald."

He winced silently at the use of his full name, but faltered not

"I am not."

He was not.

I groped around my incredibly cluttered nightstand, chucking what I figured was a five dollar bill at him. 

"Go get your fucking sour patch kids-"

I mumbled out from under the plush blanket, before raising my voice.

"-And piss off!"

He laughed a little with playful malice, stuffing the money in his pocket before prancing off to my door, leaning against the thin, white frame.

"By the way.. Don't you have school today?"

He clicked his tongue and turned out of the room as my eyes shot wide open, rummaging through the bed for my phone before scolding my brother loudly through the room.

Finding it shoved to the edge of my bed, I shoved it in the pocket of my fluffy, patterned pajama pants, launching myself out of bed and throwing a zip-up hoodie on. 

I whisked my school bag from the floor too, panic setting in as I tossed crumpled chemistry notes off the bed and into the thing, unfortunately destroying them a little more. 

I slung the bag over my shoulder, grabbing my boots by my bedroom door and shoving them on as I ran out of the room.

My brother caught my eye, sat at the kitchen table as I skidded to stop.

"Fuck you. I hate you. Go die. Please stay safe, I love you, don't be stupid-"

Words rushed out of my mouth as I unlocked the door.