Chapter 3: Justin

Start from the beginning

I didn't want to tell her this yet but I have to lighten up her sour mood "you don't have to worry Sarah. I got a new job, a better job"

"What is it this time?" She asked with no interest at all "a bell boy, waiter, bar tender or worse a shop cleaner"

"It's none of those" I smiled proudly "I got a job at OT-com"

It took her a second to digest the news and then, her eyes widen comically and I did my best not to laugh "you mean Orsini Trading company. The biggest company here in Silver land?"

"Yup"

She eyed me in disbelieve "you're joking right? Oh please Justin tell me this isn't a joke"

"Would I joke about something this serious" I rolled my eyes slightly annoyed.

"What's your job?" I could sense her excitement kicking in.

"I'm the president's new assistant secretary"

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed in disbelieve "no way Justin, this is a miracle!"

"Yeah and we have Raphael to thank for that. He recommended me to Irena's fiancee, I mean the CEO"

Her smile widen "that guy has done so much for us" she sighed happily, the gloomy atmosphere long forgotten "I should really pay him back for this. Maybe I will introduce him to my math teacher. She's young and very hot"

"Don't encourage that player Sarah"

She laughed and I was happy that this news was able to change her mood "have you told mum?" She asked excitedly.

"No"

"Then let's go tell her" she jumped off the bed and raced out of the room with her pale blond locks pouncing along with every move she makes.

I sighed and followed her out the room.

Let's just hope the president is kind enough to let me stay.

👇👇👇
Finally it was morning. The first day of my new job at OT-com, where I'll fully be accepted or I'll lose the job and become unemployed.

Well, I'll go beg for my old job at the Italian restaurant if things didn't go well.

I got dressed in the only suit I have, which I have been saving for an occasion like this. I'll need to go shop for more later.

The nerves were killing me as I step out of the elevator into the presidential floor.

I almost got rammed in the moment I step my foot out of the elevator. The place is busier than yesterday and everyone seem in a hurry to get things done.

I was barely avoiding bumping bodies as I searched around for Ria. Finally I spotted her at a far end talking to a man as they both hurriedly arranged a bunk of files on the table in front of them.

I approached her and thankfully got there safety after a lot of 'sorrys' and 'excuse me's'.

"Miss Ria" I called her attention and she stopped what she was doing and glance at me.

"Oh hi Justin. You're early"

"Yeah" I replied not knowing what else to say.

"Who's he?" The dark hair man beside her asked.

"He's Justin, the new assistant Secretary Oliver hired" she answered but kept her eyes on the files she was arranging.

"Oliver hired and assistant without the president's permission?"

God not again!

His tone was exactly like that of Ria's when I was introduced to her.

"Yup" Ria answered simply.