"Freshen up. I'll wait for you there," he mumbled, placing a small kiss on the top of her head. 

"Okay," her voice answered quietly. 

Once Y/N was done with her shower, allowing her a change of clothes, she felt a little better. But still, the weight of Yuji's death was heavy on her shoulders. 

Guilt flooded her. 

She couldn't help but think if she had been there, Yuji would still be alive. If she was available, she'd fight the curse. She could handle it alone, no doubt. She could handle Sukuna, too. 

After all, that was the reason she was assigned to supervise Itadori. In the case that he goes berserk as Sukuna takes control of him, she would have to defeat the curse. She could have saved Yuji. If only she was there. 

"That was intentional, wasn't it?" Satoru mused, causing Auxiliary Manager Ijichi to frown. 

"What? What do you mean by that?" 

"They were up against a Special Grade Curse and had to rescue five people with unclear status. There's no way they would get the first-years to do this," he explained.

He sent Y/N a quick glance over his shoulder as she sat next to him on the couch in the morgue. She felt his knee collide with hers due to his awful habit of manspreading that she was used to. 

But the friction caused by the shift was worrying, for some reason. She wasn't quite following the trails Satoru was putting out, though she knew it wasn't good. 

"And I was the one who forcibly granted an indefinite postponement on Yuji's death sentence," he exhaled disappointedly but his words clicked in Y/N's brain, finally understanding where he was going. 

Could it really be?

His next words confirmed Y/N's internal question. 

"The higher-ups were unhappy, so they used a Special Grade Curse while I was away to get rid of him silently. They even made sure Y/N wasn't there because they knew she would be able to stop them. They'd always been afraid of us, haven't they?" He hummed the last part, looking at the woman whose gaze only lowered while a bitter feeling overtook her gut. "Even if the other two died, it would have served to spite me." 

"Would they really go that far with the risks of losing other people?" Y/N questioned but she knew Satoru's theory wasn't all that impossible. 

"They've never cared about people," he scoffed. 

"But Megumi is supposed to be the future of the-"

"It's rare to see you get so emotional, Satoru," Y/N's words were cut off by her best friend's familiar voice. 

The (e/c)-eyed woman's head perked up instantly at the appearance of Shoko's voice. Y/N let out a small smile that matched Shoko's. 

What a sight for sore eyes you are, Shoko...

"Good work today, Ms. Ieiri!" Ijichi enthusiastically greeted the doctor with a bow. 

"You two must really like him," Shoko ignored the man, letting her fingers twirl a strand of her brown hair as she directed the question to Satoru and Y/N.

"I'm a nice guy who's always thinking about his students," Satoru shrugged nonchalantly. 

"He was nice and sweet," Y/N mumbled. 

"Well, Satoru, don't bully Ijichi too much," Shoko reasoned, oblivious to the way Ijichi blushed madly at her acknowledgment of his presence. "So is he the one?" She asked, holding up a white cloth before tossing it away to reveal Yuji's naked corpse. "Sukuna's vessel," she hummed before continuing, "I'm free to tear him apart, right?" 

"Make good use of him," Satoru replied while Y/N only nodded sadly. 

While waiting for Shoko to prepare herself for the process of the autopsy, Y/N had accidentally fallen asleep. Her head was leaning on Satoru's shoulder and though the man was busy talking to Ijichi, telling the glasses-wearing manager about his dreams and whatnot, he tried his best not to move much to avoid waking her up. 

Just as Satoru finished telling Ijichi about the reason he became a teacher, the woman next to him perked up instantly, mouth wide open as she gasped for air. The hand that was beside Satoru instinctively grabbed his thigh as Y/N tried to regain composure. Her forehead was frowning, creasing with lines as her eyebrows were stitched together. 

"What's wrong?" Satoru immediately rested a hand on her back, worried as he scanned her being. 

"I don't know," she shook her head while trying to control her rapid breathing. "I just- I felt- I don't-" She stammered, eyes blinking before looking into Satoru's covered ones. "I felt something. Dark and powerful," she shuddered, her body melting into Satoru's arms. 

"Do you need anything, Ms. L/N?" Ijichi panicked. 

"No, it's fine," she smiled a little. "Thank you." 

Y/N let her fingers rise up to her temples, skin massaging it for a sense of relief from the pain. Satoru's eyes never once left Y/N due to his worry over her. But Ijichi's scream caused the two best friends to look up. 

They followed Ijichi's shocked gaze only for the same expression to display on their own complexions. But Satoru's blank lips quickly curled into a rather proud grin. Y/N's head tilted with confusion at what her eyes were seeing. 

"Wow, I'm naked," Yuji gasped, looking down at his exposed body that was once heartless and dead. 

"Mr. Gojo, h-h-he's alive," ijichi stuttered with fear as he pointed weakly. 

"He's alive," Y/N mumbled softly. 

"Shut up, Ijichi," Satoru laughed. 

"What a shame," Shoko sighed, handing Yuji a robe to cover himself with. "Y/N," she sadly called. "Do you want me to check up on your headache?" 

"No, it-" She gasped softly at the realization of its absence. "It's gone now." 

"Hmm, I have a theory," Satoru said under his breath so only Y/N could hear. 

It's Sukuna, wasn't it? 

But I've felt Sukuna's presence before. 

This isn't it.

"Yuji!" Satory called, standing up to walk towards the boy, a wide smile on both their faces. 

"Oh, Mr. Gojo!" He exclaimed happily. 

"Please don't do that again," Y/N sighed, arms thrown over Yuji's shoulder to pull him into a hug. 

"Hehe, sorry, Y/N," Yuji apologetically said. 

"Welcome back, Itadori."