Chapter One: New Family

A child looked down at the lake with lifeless rainbow eyes. The water was so free with movement and sparkles of life. Every splash has an emotion to it. He felt the water with his hand. So still and quite yet smooth and clear.

He wanted to be like that, free from the chains placed upon him by some cruel diety. He wanted to be as calm as the water and yet as deadly as a tsunami. He wanted to be a hero, yet he had no motivation to do so.

He tried to grab and hold the water. It just escaped. He enjoyed that, having some freedom from what his past has done. To him, this was the most fun he had had in a while.

He didn't notice a man looking at him with pity. A child finding something fun in years with water. Just by grabbing it, he felt like having a great time. He remembers that feeling when he was stuck with that disease. How people would look at him. Remembering Kagaya always being by his side and telling him stories of the outside world. It was relaxing and the only reason why he is left of their family.

So he decided to walk towards him as the words of his brother run through his mind, "Children are to be guided to a path that makes the future. If no one is there for their guidance, then there is no future." But also, "It must he lonely Nii-san? That's why I will come here and tell you everything that happens! I think I found something that can cure you too! Happiness!"

He sat by the boy and saw his eyes sparkle in joy with every time he tried to grab the water, yet oblivious to the man next to him. A small smile grew on his face. The man grabbed a small pebble and threw it into the water, getting six bounces.

He saw the child's eyes sparkle with even more joy. His eyes went to him, as he seemed to question to speak to him, "Hello." The red eyed man said to him. The boy grabbed a pebble and did what he did. It didn't work, and that seemed to make him enjoy it, "He likes a challenge then." The man thought seeing him pout.

"Mister, how did you do it?" He said to him, and he smiled. He grabbed another and showed him his form. The boy looked on with anticipation, as he threw it. I got the same results as last time.

"Do you see how to do it?" The boy nodded and tried to do it. The man could only think kawaii when he saw his attempts, "I never got your name. What's yours?"

"Izuku Ya-." He stopped when he was about to say his last name. The man was far from stupid and knew what this meant. He knew something was up. And he recognised those last two letters.

"Quirkless?" Izuku looked shocked for a moment, he knew already. Now he will just hate him, "Let me guess. Are your parents neglectful or abusive? Both, maybe?" Izuku didn't want to answer, and that was all the confirmation he needed. A natural reaction to these things is to not say anything, which usually means yes.

"My name is Muzan Kibutsuji." He finally said his name as he pulled the kid into a hug, "I understand that feeling of yours. When you have nothing but loneliness." He told the kid who stayed quiet."Do you still want to be a hero?"

"Heroes are people with quirks. Not people like me." Izuku spoke with sadness. He felt this emotion more than others, more often than he should.

"And who told you a hero is someone with a quirk? Do soldiers of the world war one and two not count? People who have sacrificed everything to save others? People who inspire you to do better not count?" Muzan spoke about people being around for. He was old enough to be alive during those times.

Izuku didn't respond, and Muzan patted his back before smiling, "Do you want to be a hero? I can give you a chance with power." Izuku looked shocked at him and slowly nodded his head. He didn't trust the stranger, "Do you want to get away from them all?"