Chapter Four - Behind Brick Walls

Start from the beginning

To the front of the store was a Scarlet red vase holding a few Lilies. Isabella scanned the man up and down and then flicked the wand towards the vase. The flowers immediately caught fire.

"Well perhaps not that one hm?" The man chuckled.

The old man wobbled over to the tall shelf's and started ruffling through the row at his eye line.

"Aha!" He cheered and pulled a box out from the piles.

The man placed the wand on the counter in front of Isabella.

"12 inches, Dragon heart string, oak..." he mumbled.

Isabella placed her hand on the wand, gripping onto the thickest end. She looked up and aimed the tip of the wand at the vase to see that the flowers were slowly growing back to health. Isabella shot at the vase, using the wand and the flowers began to wilt and die.

"Well definitely not." The man laughed.

The man grabbed the wand and placed it in the box, sliding it back into the shelf. The man turned around and gasped,

"perhaps!" He shouted.

He pulled a box out from a shelf right behind him and placed the box in front of Isabella. Isabella took the wand from the box and waved it. A lightbulb, above her, smashed, raining very small pieces of glass down onto Isabellas shoes.

"Very well then..." the man sighed. He took the wand back from her and placed it in the box, sliding it back into the shelf.

He climbed up the ladder, the wood creaking with every step. He pulled a wand box out and climbed down the ladder.

"Why do you have a ladder?" Isabella asked. The old man squinted at her, confused.

"I'm afraid I do not understand." He replied.

"You have a wand, can't you just use your wand to get the boxes? It's definitely quicker, not to mention safer..." Isabella quietly added.

The grey haired man looked around the room, the at his wand. "Well I guess you are very right..." he laughed.

The man placed the box down on the counter and pulled the wand out for Isabella.
She took the wand and almost immediately, a shelf caught fire.
The man ran over to the shelf and threw a blanket at it.

"PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!" he shouted.

Isabella threw the wand back onto the front counter and stepped away, the fire stopping as soon as she lost touch with it. The man pushed the wand and it's box off of the counter.

He glanced at Isabella for a good 10 seconds, then, drops to the ground.

"SIR!" Isabella screamed.

He popped back up, holding a wand box. Isabella, holding her heart, took the wand out of the box and flicked it.
One of the old mans best buttons flung off. Isabella dodged it and the button smashed into the front windows of the shop. She placed the wand back in the box. The old man sighed and walked down the long narrow corridor behind him and pulled a wand box out of the shelf's.

"Please, please, please..." he begged as he placed the box down in front of her.
Isabella placed her hand down slowly to open the box and the wand box started to shake.

She lifted the lid and the wand inside shot up, creating a gigantic hole in the roof.
The man groaned, slamming his hands down on the counter, shaking the whole store.

A wand box fell through the hole in the first-floor roof and landed in front of Isabella. Isabella looked at the old man and he looked back at her. They both shrugged their shoulders as Isabella slowly, gently lifted the lid off of the box... nothing happened.
Isabella reached into the box, scooping up the wand in her palm and gripping it tightly.
They both watched in awe as the flowers in the vase grew taller and brighter, the vases cracks all filling in. The crumbling, charred bookcase reanimated to its tall and colourful stature. Wood and glass flew past Isabellas face towards the sky, rebuilding the hole in the roof and mending the shattered lightbulb. The small, silver button flung through the window and smacked the all old man in the chest, reconnecting to his vest.
The room became brighter.