1 - Yasohachi Bridge

Start from the beginning

Who's going to get cursed?

You were soon to go to Tokyo Jujutsu High to train to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer. Tsumiki and Fujinuma were both a year older than you. In a couple of months, when the school term ended, you'd start the new year at Jujutsu and leave them behind at Saitama Urami.

You had inherited two cursed techniques; one from each parent. This was incredibly rare in itself, so of course your parents wanted you to attend Jujutsu High as soon as possible.

Maybe I can save whoever's going to get cursed.

–––––

The three of you arrived at Tsumiki's apartment fifteen minutes later. It was a very small apartment, but enough for two people. The ceiling hung low and the furniture had a second-hand-worn-down look.

She was right about the place being in a state of mess; school books lay scattered across the dining table and there was a large pile of dishes waiting to be washed.

"So do you guys want anything to eat?" Tsumiki asked.

"No thanks, but do you want me to help clean dishes?" You offered.

"No, it's fine, I'll ask Megumi again to do it."

"It's ok, I don't mind."

You put the plug in the sink, turned the hot water on and put dish soap in. Tsumiki and Fujinuma sat on the couch and Tsumiki said, "Don't worry about it, Y/n! Let's play truth or dare now."

"It's fine," You insisted, "I can still play while doing the dishes. I'll answer truths only, though."

She huffed. "Don't act like you're our cleaner, or I'll start paying you."

"Don't be ridiculous. Fujinuma, truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you to unlock your phone and give it to Tsumiki. Let her send a message to someone of her choice in your contacts."

Tsumiki laughed as the girl reluctantly handed her phone over.

"Who's Ichika?" She interrogated with a smirk, "And why is there a heart?"

"No one! She's just a girl from another school!" Fujinuma defended.

"Bullshit. It says her last name's Nakamura, that's the girl in the year above us, isn't it?"

"Umm... yeah."

"No way! She texted you, 'goodnight babe'!?"

"Fujinuma, you didn't tell us you had a girlfriend!" You exclaimed with excitement.

"I don't want my parents to find out!"

"It's alright, we won't tell," Tsumiki said, "So what should I text Ichika, Y/n?"

Before you could reply, the door opened. In stepped Megumi Fushiguro, looking very irritated and exhausted. He threw his bag on the ground by the door and took off his tan blazer. It was stained a bit with strawberry milk.

He noticed Tsumiki and recognised her classmate sitting on the couch. He avoided their gazes. Suddenly the tension in the room had increased tenfold.

"Hey Megumi," Tsumiki greeted him, "How was detention?"

You weren't sure if she meant that in a pleasant way or not.

Your fellow classmate didn't answer her; his eyes fell on you washing the dishes and he approached you. His black hair was messy, part of it hanging in his face. His cobalt blue eyes stared at you in confusion.