"Oh! It's quite alright, Dominic can charm a polar bear." Diana assured him. "Though, I am surprised they are getting acquainted after becoming engaged?"

The prince frowned, "It's not uncommon in royal families for this to occur, but they had agreed so to each their own I suppose. However, for me it's important I make my own match."

Diana decided she did not like the dark cloud that seemed to pass over his face and guessed he had been subject to similar schemes. There was always the smallest rumor the prince had run away from home, having barely been there in his adult years, though he was not Crown Prince his responsibilities surely still bore a weight. Diana began to wonder if his need to repair his reputation would have anything to do with a possible arrangement. Their horses fell at a leisurely pace far enough behind from her brother and his guests but close enough to be considered appropriate by peers in the park.

"I wanted to thank you for coming yesterday and bearing it all. It was not my intention for such a dry call." Diana started.

"Please, it was anything but. I enjoy speaking with you no matter the situation." he replied, casting a sidelong glance.

Diana suppressed a smile, "Even if it involved an overbearing mother and two sisters falling in love before your very eyes."

"It would be worth it, if it even included Lady Danbury making social commentary." he said. 

Diana snorted, now laughing, earning her a disapproving look from people moving past them.

"Tell me, the Queen, did she truly leave?" Diana asked after she calmed down. Diana had thought it was very convenient timing that the Queen happened to leave for the country. This bought Diana time before the royal planned for her assassination after making her moves.

"It was..required but I am informed she will return promptly when possible," he said. "But for now, I am a free man in the palace and I am taking advantage of the peace and actually managing my own schedule."

"Managing your own schedule, how lucky! My mother is still in town." Diana sighed.

"You should meet my mother, she's probably comparable, it would be quite entertaining to see her pitted against yours when it comes to managing her children."

"Let me know when she is in town and bets can be made. My brothers make great bookkeepers and enforcers, besides I'll need pin money for my trip." Diana couldn't help herself smiling as he laughed. Diana decided to make him laugh was rather enjoyable and he didn't seem to care that did it freely... in public.

"It would be quite the event indeed, perhaps surpassing the boxing matches." he grinned. After a moment of passing a group of giggling ladies and the prince offering a polite nod, Diana decided to broach the subject.

"Tell me, have you found anyone willing to propose to me?"

At first, he didn't reply, waiting patiently for another group of ladies to pass.

"I have selected two people in my acquaintance, I have yet to convince them. The matter is delicate and will require some finesse," his voice quiet, that Diana nearly had to lean close to hear him.

"I suppose knowing these two gentlemen are out of the question at this time?" Diana whispered.

"It would be a risk and much too early." he said quickly.

"What kind of risk?" Diana raised a brow catching his eye nearly stopping her horse.

A small knowing smile grew, for a moment he was silent letting more people pass them with a nod, it was strange. It felt like prior to the Prince's arrival her brother and she seemed to be the only ones in the park, now the park was littered with more people. Once out of earshot he replied reining his horse. "Has it occurred to you that you risk having them fall in love with you?"