11 ┃ 𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐚́𝐧𝐝𝐨

Start from the beginning

Golden-brown skin that speaks of sun-kissed days.

A wild mane of curls that defied gravity, seemingly untamable, no matter how much it was brushed.

Two gorgeous green eyes that made you feel as if you were lost in a forest of evergreen trees.

And freckles—so many freckles to count—scattered across his nose and cheeks like stars against the dusk of his skin.

Noticing your attention, Camilo offers a gentle smile. "There she is," he whispered, his hands moving from your ears to cradle your face.

"Y-You're real," you manage, the statement half question, half revelation.

Camilo's smile widens, and he hums in affirmation, his gaze softening as he looks at you. "Yeah, Y/N," he gently caressed the side of your face. "I'm real."

In the serene quiet that follows, the only sound is the gentle rustling of the leaves above, whispering secrets to the wind. Camilo's touch remains, a comforting warmth against the cool air of the evening. It's in this moment of calm that he breaks the silence, his voice carrying a weight of concern that seems almost out of place for the usually jovial boy.

"Y/N," he starts, his gaze never leaving yours, "I've noticed...you've been different lately." His observation hangs in the air between you, a statement of fact that you've been desperately trying to ignore. "You seem distant, lost in thought, and you flinch at things that aren't there. I'm worried about you."

His words, spoken with such genuine concern, cause a flutter in your chest—a mix of warmth from being cared for and a sting of vulnerability from being seen in a state you've tried so hard to conceal.

Despite the truth in his words, your initial reaction is defensive. "Have you been watching me?" you ask, a hint of accusation in your tone, even though a part of you is touched by his attentiveness.

Camilo's confident demeanor falters under your scrutiny, a blush creeping up his cheeks as he stammers, "I-I mean, not in a weird way! I just... I care about you, Y/N. And when someone you care about is hurting, you notice, you know?"

His earnestness, coupled with his embarrassment, brings a soft smile to your lips despite the turmoil within. It's hard to remain guarded in the face of such sincere concern. "Thank you for caring, Camilo," you whisper, the words barely a breath as you lean your head against his shoulder. The gesture feels natural, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that has formed between you amidst the chaos of your life.

Camilo's initial surprise at the contact fades into a contented silence, and he gently wraps an arm around you, offering a silent promise of support. In this moment, with the cool breeze dancing around you and Camilo's warmth beside you, the weight of your burdens seems just a little lighter.

"Anything for you," he murmurs, his voice carrying a strength that you find yourself leaning into. "We'll figure this out together, okay?"

And for the first time in a long while, surrounded by the protective embrace of nature and the reassuring presence of a friend who has become so much more, you allow yourself to believe that maybe, just maybe, you're not as alone as you thought.

"Okay."

━•༓☾ ❝ 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀/𝐍 ❞ ☽༓•━

***Hope you liked what I've written so far!

The next update may be either this weekend or even Thursday, depending on how motivated I am. But seeing as I've been writing and editing for the past 6 hours, I like to think I'm pretty motivated 😁

(tactus mortis)
camilo madrigal x fem!medium!reader

@winxanity_ii
(wattpad)

~

ⓇⒺⓂⒺⓂⒷⒺⓇ:
   ᴠᴏᴛᴇ 💛 / ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ💜 / ѕнᴀʀᴇ 💙

━━━━━━