Magical Apparatus Battler(I)

Start from the beginning

"No." He answered, taking a doll and placing it down on the table. "I can handle it, nothing to worry about. That is a kind gesture, but I assure you, that it is not necessary." He politely declined, though he did feel a little weird when she asked that question. "This is a doll that moves when you put magic into it." He used his magic to make the doll move. "Hup."

"Wow! That's amazing!" 

"What a fascinating little object. I would like to try, may I?" She asked then he coughed blood again and woozily swayed side to side before she was the one to catch his balance when he leaned on her. "I've reached...my limit..."

"Please don't push yourself too hard!" Iruma pleaded.

"He's right. Here." She escorted him to the platform and sat him down there. Iruma got the fan and sat next to him as he started to fan him. Hayami quickly left and came back with a bottle of water and handed it to him so he can sip the contents. "You show us enough for the time being."

Kiriwo looked disappointed. "Well, since you come by and all, I wanted to show you a few things." She sat down on his left side. "But I'm rather frail, and I don't have much magic."

 Iruma thought when he looked at his Bet badge on the collar of his shirt. 'I thought I was the only one worried about my lack of magic since I'm human. I guess that's not the case.' 

"Not to mention, I blew up a magical apparatus prototype I was working on." He rubbed his head. 

"Oh, is that magical apparats still okay?" He asked. 

A burst of happiness erupted from him as he asked. "Would you like to see it?"

"Sure!"

"Of course!" 

He excitedly presented them with a big brown metallic machine. "ta-da! This is my prototype! The magic enchantment apparatus, Gabuko-chan!"

"Gabu?"

"Hmm, Gabuko-chan?" She hummed then pointed up and down the machine. "Well assuming from the name, It suggests enhancing magic power, correct?"

"Precisely! It's supposed to enhance one's magic..." he lowered his head down with sadness. "But it's rather difficult to use." Hayami took a step then felt something under her feet that felt uncomfortable and looked down to see some broken pieces like puzzles on the floor. Iruma also looked down when she did. 

"Oh, are these parts, too? They look like puzzle pieces." He knelt down. 

"Yup. You can touch them if you'd like." 

"Thanks!" He picked up a piece and started to assemble it. 

"That's the battery for its heart. It's supposed to be in a shape of a heart, but I can't seem to get the turbie's spin and the ancha's heart capacity to connect correctly. I guess you wouldn't know what I'm blabbing about, though." He rambled on and she shook her head.

"I understand. But, say no more, Iruma will fix it up as good like it was never in the pieces before."

"It's difficult to do so." He said and she merely raised a brow with a smile when Iruma got up beside her and held out the properly assembled battery heart which amazed him. 

"No way!" He adjusted his glasses. "Wow! It's perfectly put together!" he took it from him and examine it. "You're amazing, Iruma-kun!"

"Thank—"

"Iruma-kun, Hayami-chan, have you ever made any magical apparatuses?"

"Huh? Umm..."

"Well, no...not to that extent?" She said with slight uncertainty in her voice. She recall making notes and using whatever scientific materials to make and understand stuff but inventions were not her thing.