Magical Apparatus Battler(I)

Start from the beginning

Before she could text them, a text from Iruma came in and she read it, "I'm really sorry. Something came up and I won't be able to visit today." She soon received a message from Iruma and also read it. "I'm sure Iruma has texted you, but we won't be able to make it. We will come by, that's a promise."

"So he is scared of me!" She sulked silently.

***

At the Magical Apparatus Battler, Iruma and Hayami helped to lay the upperclassman on the large matt and sat on his right while she sat on his left. "Sorry about this. I messed up a bit trying to calibrate a magical apparatus." He apologized.

"Ah..."

"No need to apologize. You are simply constructing your invention. Just hope we won't disturb you when you get back to work." She gently spoke with a soft smile.

"I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Amy Kiriwo. Pleasure to meet you." He told them.

"I'm Iruma. It's a pleasure to meet you, as well." He fanned him as he introduced himself to the weaker upperclassman and fanned him some nice breeze. 

"I'm Hayami. Nice to meet you, too. I'm sure you must have heard of us because of unwanted and unnecessary rumors and uprising popularity."

"I'm sorry I can't even serve you two some Hell Grey tea. I'm the only member of this Battler, you see." He explained

"Oh, it's fine. Please, get some rest." Iruma fanned him faster and she agreed for she wanted him to be back on his feet as soon as he was better. That's when she took the time to look around the room. 

"That's a nice breeze." He commented and Iruma gave him a close eye smile before also looking around the room. 'So this is the Magical Apparatus Battler.'

"It's a mess, ain't it? Have a look around, if you'd like." He sat up and she got up to get familiar with the room. 

'It may look like a mess, but it's not so bad to other messier rooms I've been in.' She stopped near a counter. "Please do explain." Crossing her arms, she turned her attention to Kiriwo. "What do you do here in this Battler?" She asked as Iruma took up a vase and examined it.

"I think you would know this, but magical apparatuses are items that function using magic." He told them.

She nodded, knowing by the suggestion of the name that it would be something like that. She had a similar thought in meaning for the word. Iruma answers with slight unsurety. "Right." he laughed a little nervously but inwardly he had no idea about that. He put the vase down and Kiriwo continued to explain. 

"Just like the name suggests, we study magical apparatuses from everywhere, and even make some ourselves."

Iruma asked, "You make them? Did you make that collar too?"

"Er... This collar's a bit different." he moved to the table, ready to show one of the apparatuses. "Oh, I know." He took down a large crystal ball to present to them. "This is a ball that shines when you store magic in it." 

"Huh..." Iruma said.

He set it down then opened his hands to store his magic in it. "Hup!" The ball started to glow and they watched in amazement before Kiriwo coughed blood then staggered, causing Iruma to hold him up. "A-Are you okay?"

"Perfectly fine. This happens all the time."

He reassured. for it was a daily routine for him that he got used to when he uses his magic for a long period of time. 

"All the time?" She looked concerned about how carefree he was about it, but he never got it treated and decided to ask. "Didn't you go to a doctor to see something about that or at least treat it so it wouldn't be recurring?"