"Hey," I get his attention.

"Hey," He says back.

"So how are you?"

"Good, how bout you," He starts walking.

"Good," I walk next to him.

"How about we play a game," He suggests and I nod, "We each get to ask each other three questions and we have to answer."

"Sounds like fun. You first," I reply.

"Okay. What school do you go to?"

"Starting off simple. I'm going to return to West Valley," I answer.

"That's where I went," He says.

"That's cool. Alright. My question. What's the craziest thing that's happened to you?" I ask.

"Uhm. Probably juvie," He replies.

"Oh yeah. That was you. I'm sorry about that," I frown.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. Here we go. Have you been here for awhile?"

"I just moved back. My parents moved me after the karate fight at the school. They were scared," I say truthfully.

"Sorry about that. It was probably my fault," He says sympathetically.

"Nah it's okay. I'm just glad to be back. Can I ask you a deep question?" I ask, wondering about what happened that day at school.

"I guess," He stops walking and looks at me.

"Why did you purposely push Miguel off the balcony?"

He pauses for a second. He looks away from me, but then makes eye contact again.

"It wasn't on purpose. I wanted to shove him for stealing Sam away from me. I just didn't want to lose. Whatever losing meant. I just kicked him. Thought it would just be a kick. But it was an accident," He says. He sounds genuine.

"I'm sorry I asked," I say sincerely.

"You apologize too much. You know that, right?" He laughs.

"Yeah, I guess so," I laugh along.

"So for my last question: How'd you convince your parents to bring you back?"

I pause. I hate the story, but it's my story.

"They're drunkards. I'm living at my childhood friend's house while my parents sort their shit out," I summarize.

"I know what it's like to have someone else pose as a parental figure. Or to see my real parents drunk and depressed. I'll be there for you," He says.

"Thanks. Sounds like you've been through some shit yourself," I let out a sad chuckle.

"Yeah, I have. So have you. Who's your childhood friend? I'd love to meet them," He changes the subject.

"Do you promise not to run away?" I ask jokingly.

"I solemnly swear," He holds up his hands in surrender and I laugh uncontrollably.

We laugh for a few minutes and I finally answer his question.

"Sam LaRusso."

"You live with the LaRussos?" He questions.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. You're the first friend I made here and I didn't want to give up on you."

"So you're sneaking around?" He says in a jokingly evil voice.

"I guess. I haven't told Sam," I say honestly.

"Let's keep it that way. I don't want a confrontation with her any time soon," He says sternly.

"Okay. But it's time for my last question."

"Ask away."

"Did you actually join Cobra Kai?" I wonder.

"Yeah. It's just Kreese as the Sensei now. He said something about calling in backup, whatever the hell that meant. But yeah. I guess I just needed to escape. Mr LaRusso was my mentor and Johnny Lawerence my shitty father. LaRusso reported me to the damn cops. So that didn't work out. And I needed a place to stay. I have too much pride to ask my dad to stay with him," He rambles on.

"Makes sense," I say.

"You know, we should hang out again sometime. You're a really good friend," He smiles.

"Yeah, we should. But I gotta get going otherwise Mr LaRusso will give me the 'You made us worry' speech," I laugh a little.

"Alright. I'll see you soon?" He says.

"Bye Robby," I say as I walk towards my car.

"Bye LaRusso!" He mocks.

"My last name is L/N!" I correct him.

I jokingly flip him off as I walk to my car.

...