• • •

It's nearly eleven o'clock before Sadie gets up, announcing she's off to bed, since she has an eight am followed by a grueling three hour training session with one of their newest coaches. She bids both of us a garbled goodnight. If I didn't know any better, I would assume she was sleep walking.

I sneak a glance at Indigo. AFV turned off long ago, exchanged for a sappy romcom about a dick of a dude, trying to get the girl. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt invested in the film, but well, no ones really asking are they? Anyway, Indigo's still on the loveseat, now with two blankets thrown over her. Her head is resting on her knees, one arm squished between her leg and the back of the seat, support her head by cupping her chin. Her other arm is loosely wrapped around her legs. She's watching the movie with a soft smile on her face, the only happy expression I've seen her exhibit since I got here.

There's another twenty or so minutes of the movie. It ends with the girl and the guy finally getting together, the guy promising to never be so douchey ever again, and then a tearful make out scene. In the rain. Of course. The end credits begin rolling, just as Indigo stands, letting the blankets drop around her like a puddle, landing with a soft thud on the floor.

          I had been to confused and slightly hurt when she had answered the door earlier to really take in her full appearance. But now that I do, I can't help the dirty thoughts that spring to life as I look her over. Boxer-like sleep shorts, red, pink, and black paid pattern covering them. She turns slightly, and I can see that they read 'cutie' on the back in sparkly black letters. I swallow harshly. Her top isn't helping my current situation much either. It's my fucking hoodie. With my last name and number branding her back. God, does she know what she's doing to me? Is this all some sick game she's playing with me?

       She slowly folds her blankets and puts them back in the drawer they belong it. When she turns, I try to adjust my pants as slyly as possible. I don't think she would take too kindly to my hard on, given her current attitude towards me.

       Finally, she looks to face me. Though it's a not a glare, it's not a particularly happy look either, a hybrid mix between the two, if you will. Her brown eyes look me up and down, from head to toes, not once, but twice.

      She huffs, "Lock the door behind you when you finally decide to leave."

       I stare slightly agape at her as she turns to walk down the hall to her bedroom, before I fully process what she's just said. I'm on my feet and on her tail before she's fully entered her bedroom. I grab her by the arm and pin her to her bedroom wall, and look down at her.

      She's looking right back up at me, her brown eyes wide, and looking slightly startled, like a baby fawn in the stream of headlights. Like said fawn, though it takes her a minute, she recovers, and pulls against my hold. But it's strong, too strong. I've been deprived of my current favorite human for too many days to count, and she thinks she can just blow me off like that?

      I move both of my hands, slowly, from her biceps to her wrist, still pinning her to the wall. I lean in closer, and too my absolute horror, she turns her face away, eyes and nose scrunching up in distaste.

       I can't contain my scoff. I take one of my hands off my wrist and gentle capture her jaw with it, forcing her too look at me. She does, with fire and anger in her eyes. I don't like that.

     "I wasn't going to kiss you," I whisper. Sadie's room is just down the hall, after all.

       She scoffs, too. "Sure you weren't. All you wanna fucking do is kiss me, anymore."