25. Lock's Breakdown

Start from the beginning

"I-I just wanted to go home!" He cried. He gripped her shirt and pulled her close to him, in search of some kind of comfort. 

Y/N didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him. She caressed his hair and whispered calming words to the quivering teenager. She swallowed the guilt she felt. She hadn't meant to make him this upset and if she would have known, she never would have said anything. 

"Lock..." she said. "I'm going to count to ten. And on the first number, you'll breathe in and on the next, you'll breath out, all right? I know it may seem weird, but trust me. Are you ready?" he nodded. 

"1."

Inhale

"2"

Exhale

"3"

Inhale

"4"

Exhale

"5"

Inhale

"6"

Exhale

"7" 

Inhale

"8"

Exhale

"9"

Inhale

"10"

Exhale

Lock's tears were still there, but he had calmed down. Y/N knew it would work. "H-how could they j-just leave me?" Lock stammered, burying his face into Y/N's neck. 

"They were awful people," Y/N said. "You didn't deserve it, Lock."

"I just...I just wanted to play..." he mumbled heartbrokenly. 

"I know, I know," she softly spoke. 

"Don't leave me," he begged. "Don't leave me like they did."

"I won't, Lock," she assured him. 

"Just stay with me forever," He whispered, tightening his grip on her. 

"I promise, Lock," she said. She placed her hands on his cheeks and lied her forehead against his. "I won't leave you like those terrible people did."

He sniffled, staring into her eyes. He loved her eyes. They were so calm, so pretty, so comforting. They made him feel safe. And at that moment, he wanted to spill every emotion he felt towards her. He wanted her to know. He wanted her to understand that she was his everything. 

He held her face in his hands, rubbing his thumb back and forth. She smiled at him. A smile so bright and lovely, he wasn't sure if his body could handle it. She spoke, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank you," he said. "I don't get it..."

"You don't get what?" Y/N asked softly. 

"I've been so terrible to you...but, you're still so kind," Lock said. 

"Lock...I know you didn't mean any of that stuff-"

"How are you so perfect?" he asked hopelessly. 

"I'm not-"

He raised his voice. "Yes, you are!" Normally, Y/N would probably flinch or back away. But, she didn't this time. Instead, she gently ran her hands through his hair as he continued with his rant. "I don't get how you can't see how incredibly amazing you are. You're so smart and you're pretty! You're brave, in your own little way. And you're always helping people. You've got this thing about you, this thing that just draws people in! I don't know what it was. God, I wish I did. You do so many things that no one would dare to even try. I mean, you ran away! You! Little Miss Pumpkin Princess ran away! You ran away with your best friend and the three people your Dad told you never to speak to! You jumped into this world even though you had no idea how it worked! And you're actually putting up with Shock, Barrel, and I. Even though we're complete assholes. You just helped me through a breakdown! I've only had one like that once before and not even Shock or Barrel could help! I just had to wait it out! You are so...loveable."

The forest went silent. Y/N wasn't sure how to respond. Lock closed his eyes, breathing heavily, relaxing as he pulled Y/N onto his lap. She didn't even try to fight it. She simply cuddled closer to him, enjoying the sweet moment. 

Y/N felt Lock gently kiss her neck. Not leaving any love bites, just gentle, soft pecks. She was flustered and even though her Dad's warnings were ringing in the back of her brain, she pushed them away. She didn't want to think about that. 

She reached up and kissed his cheek. Surprising both of them. 

"Lock..." she whispered. 

"Yes, princess?"

"I don't know what we are...and I don't know what we will be in the future, but," she took a deep breath and Lock shivered when he felt it on his neck. "I like it when you aren't making fun of me and Mason. And I like it when we're like this. Whatever this is. So, if you're leading me on, please stop now."

He held her closer. "I'm not leading you on. I could never. None of us are."

She smiled into his neck. "You know, my dad would lose it if he knew about this."

Lock chuckled. He was back to his old self again. "Well, it's a good thing he isn't here, isn't it?"

...

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)