"Can we talk about this when my body's been put back together?"

"Anyone want tea?" James asked, sensing the awkwardness around the room.

"Please," Marlene nodded.

James stood, nodding towards the kitchen to signal for El to follow him, which she did. He leant back against the counter, watching as El began to full the kettle and lay out four mugs.

"You okay?" his hand came up to caress the side of her neck.

"Fine," she carried on, not looking at him.

His thumb traced her jaw, "you sure?"

"I'm fine, James!" she batted his hand away. "There's nothing to not be fine about!"

"You're allowed to have emotions every once in a while, El. I won't judge you for it."

"Just drop it, Potter, i said i'm fine!"

James' hand retracted and it fell to his pocket. "Okay," he nodded, no longer looking at her.

The kettle began to whistle, El turned it off and poured the water into the different mugs. Her hands were shaking and it caused her to spill boiling water onto her hand.

"Fuck!" she gripped the burn in her other hand.

"El—" James took El's burnt hand in his own, the burn disappeared with one spell, though her hands were still shaking slightly. He removed a pack of cigarettes from his trouser pocket, lit one, and placed it between her lips.

She inhaled it gratefully, exhaling with her eyes closed. "Thank you."

James shook his head, "come on, they'll be waiting for their tea." James removed the tea bags and poured milk into each of the cups. They each carried two mugs back to Marlene and Regulus.

***

Marlene left when Regulus could finally move without being in pain, she'd left him with various potions, each of which he downed in turn. James had cooked pasta, which they ate in silence aside from the quite noises from the TV. The sofa had been transfigured into something that resembled a bed which Regulus had been sleeping on for eleven of the twelve hours he had been in Soho.

James had seemed slightly deflated ever since Regulus had arrived. He been sworn to secrecy, as Regulus did not want Sirius, or any of their friends, knowing of his whereabouts, he had made that very clear. Regulus had changed out of his own clothes and was now wearing James', they were baggy, and the sleeves were slightly too long, but it was that or he wore El's clothes.

After a brief nap, El showered and walked out the bedroom to see that Regulus was still asleep and James was in the kitchen, the faint hum of the toaster was the only noise throughout the flat.

"Hey," El smiled weakly at James, then sat on the chair next to him, pulling both her feet up so her chin could rest on her knees.

James briefly acknowledged her presence before standing to butter his toast, his back facing her.

"You're annoyed at me," El stated.

"No," James replied, not giving her an ounce of his attention.

"Okay, then fuck me right now."

James put his butter knife down, "What? No!"

"Because you're annoyed at me!"

He removed his glasses and placed them on the counter so he could press the heels of his hands against his eyes. "I'm not annoyed at you, El."

"Then why have you barely said five words in the last twelve hours?! You aren't even looking at me!" El stood, quickly getting aggravated. "Can you just come here, please?"