"What I want more than anything else in the world at the moment is to find the Stone before Quirrell does. So if I look in the mirror, I should see myself finding it – which means I'll see where it's hidden!" Harry told me.

"I can try to look," I told him as he nodded quickly. I started moving when suddenly Quirrell started talking again.

"What does this mirror do? How does it work? Help me, Master!"

And to our horror, a voice answered and the voice seemed to come from Quirrell himself.

"Use the boy...Use my boy..." He said putting Venum in the word my.

"Yes- L/N – come here."

"I will only go if you let harry go of the ropes!"

He clapped his hands once, and the ropes binding Harry fell off. Harry got slowly to his feet.

"Come here," Quirrell repeated to me. "Look in the mirror and tell me what you see."

I walked toward him.

Quirrell moved close behind me. I closed my eyes, stepped in front of the mirror, and opened them again.

I saw Hermione's reflection, pale and scared-looking at first. But a moment later, the reflection smiled at me. She put her hand into her pocket and pulled out Marlow. (If you don't remember Marlow is a Bowtruckle). Marlow made his way to my pants pocket and put the Stone back in its pocket – and as it did so, I felt something heavy drop into my real pocket. Somehow – incredibly – I'd gotten the Stone. 

"Well?" said Quirrell impatiently. "What do you see?"

"I see myself with a girl I really like," I invented. "W-we have a little girl next to us and all my friends are here too."

Quirrell cursed again.

"Get out of the way," he said. As I moved aside, I felt the Sorcerer's Stone against my leg. I gave Harry a signal that I had the stone while Quirrell was distracted. Dare we make a break for it?

But I hadn't walked five paces before a high voice spoke, though Quirrell wasn't moving his lips.

"He lies...He lies..."

"L/n, come back here!" Quirrell shouted. "Tell me the truth! What did you just see?"

The high voice spoke again.

"Let me speak to him...face-to-face...."

"Master, you are not strong enough!"

"I have strength enough...for this...."

 I watched as Quirrell reached up and began to unwrap his turban. What was going on? The turban fell away. Quirrell's head looked strangely small without it. Then he turned slowly on the spot.

Where there should have been a back to Quirrell's head, there was a face, the most terrible face I had ever seen. Worst than my stepdad's face and that is saying something. It was chalk white with glaring red eyes and slits for nostrils, like a snake.

"Y/N L/N..." it whispered.

"See what I have become?" the face said. "Mere shadow and vapor...I have form only when I can share another's body...but there have always been those willing to let me into their hearts and minds.... Unicorn blood has strengthened me, these past weeks...you saw faithful Quirrell drinking it for me in the forest...and once I have the Elixir of Life, I will be able to create a body of my own.... Now...why don't you give me that Stone in your pocket?"

So he knew. I stumbled backward.

"Don't be a fool," snarled the face. "Better save your own life and join me...or you'll meet the same end as your father and Harry's parents.... They died begging me for mercy...."

"LIAR!" Harry shouted suddenly.

"You lost for a baby for god's sake," I said.

Quirrell was walking backward at me so that Voldemort could still see me and Harry. The evil face was now smiling.

"How touching..." it hissed. "I always value bravery.... Yes, boys, your parents were brave.... I killed your father first, and he put up a courageous fight...but your mother needn't have died...she was trying to protect you.... and you Y/N he was my hardest fight.... Now give me the Stone, unless you want them to have died in vain."

"NEVER!" We shouted in union.

We sprang toward the flame door, but Voldemort screamed "SEIZE HIM!" and the next second, I saw Quirrell's wand pointing at me. At once, he yelled "CRUCIO." I fell to the ground screaming as a pain that was so intense, so all-consuming, that I no longer knew where I was... white-hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin, my neck was surely going to burst with pain. I held tight letting out small screams. When suddenly the pain stopped, I looked up and saw Quirrell hunched in pain, looking at his fingers – they were blistering before his eyes.