"zayina" my dad frowned.

"what amonte? i'm just asking mind your business" she rolled her eyes. "anyways saint is that the real reason you wanted to go to utah?"

"no! i'm really at tink's house. i just make time for both him and the girls, and i also don't think you should meet him. he's just a homeboy of mine..."

"okay well in that video it didn't look like it, what the hell was that on your face? are you supposed to be emo or something ? "

"no, it's just facepaint... he likes it and i put it on with him so he knows that i support whatever he does". i told her as they stared back at me with a weird look.

"um..okay then. anyways i hope you're not spending the night with dude. you don't need any babies right now. " my dad spoke.

maybe if i was to get pregnant, i wouldn't be alone as much forreal.

"that's not on my mind right now".

"well what you wanna do with a thug as a friend anyways? i'm just really curious" my momma asked rubbing her hands down her light brown hair.

"he shows the internet that, but he's not like that forreal. he's actually a nice and genuine person".

"behind all that act he actually does look like a good guy" my dad spoke and i nod my head.

"well to me he looks like a bad guy...do y'all not hear the things he rap about and says? disgusting. "

"bye ma i'm not about to do this" i shook my head ending the call. she was always so judgmental when it came to me, the people i hung around, or just shit in general.

she was mixed, but her caucasian side definitely took over most of the time. i didn't see how my dad put up with all of that for years, but i'm thankful that he stuck around and didn't leave me to pick up her ways.

swiping down to check my notifications since my phone was on do not disturb i noticed a message from my dad making me click on it.

'you know how judgmental your mom is saint, don't mind her. enjoy your time with your friends and that emo rockstar/ gangster, i love you. 🖤'

haha'ing his message i responded back with an 'i love you too' before throwing the phone on the bed making my way out the room down the stairs.

"finally! i was waiting for one of y'all assess to get up, i made some breakfast" tink smiled as soon as i walked in the kitchen "oh no what's wrong stink"

"how you figure something's wrong? and thank you" i grabbed the plate from her sitting down at the kitchen table.

"the pout on your face says it all, talk to me i'll listen" she sat down beginning to eat her food and i did the same.

"it's just my ma... her and my dad called and we talked or whatever. she knows about kentrell and wants to know why i'm hanging around him when he looks like a bad and disgusting person"

"your momma has always been a bitter bitch. im sorry but what the fuck is she so judgmental for when she half black herself?" she asked making me laugh a little.